Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headrest Help

Old 03-13-2008, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headrest Help

Hi JK-Forum,

First post but long time viewer, I know the brick headrest issue has come up in the past but I really need a replacement or cover before my wife leaves me!!!
I really don't want to purchase a whole seat cover but just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas?

JKYYZ
Old 03-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When your done with your headrests, send them to me.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen people put ones in from other Dodge Vehicles. I think it was the Chargers but I bet you can find a lot that will fit.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:13 PM
JK Newbie

I took mine out and put them back in backwards. Now it doesn't hit my wife in the back of the head. MAde the front seat a lot quieter

John
Old 03-13-2008, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
When your done with your headrests, send them to me.

I admit I had to read it twice
Old 03-13-2008, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Change wife's.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:50 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a back problem so I need the seat to sit straight up and as a result my head bumps the hard head restraint with every bounce. I solved my problem by going to Wal Mart (or any craft/fabric store) and purchased "polyester quilt batting". It is very inexpensive. I measured the head rest (head restraint - I know, I know that is the proper term) and cut some pieces to layer over it to cover it with a soft surface. I then sewed a simple cover from scrap cloth to slip down over the entire headrest to hold the polyester padding in place. I didn't even bother to close the bottom of the slip cover (it is hemmed to finish off the edges so it doesn't look crude). I is very comfortable now and I don't even notice it when my head bumps it occasionally. It is also nice to use now when I want to relax and my DH drives.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gravel Gertie
I have a back problem so I need the seat to sit straight up and as a result my head bumps the hard head restraint with every bounce. I solved my problem by going to Wal Mart (or any craft/fabric store) and purchased "polyester quilt batting". It is very inexpensive. I measured the head rest (head restraint - I know, I know that is the proper term) and cut some pieces to layer over it to cover it with a soft surface. I then sewed a simple cover from scrap cloth to slip down over the entire headrest to hold the polyester padding in place. I didn't even bother to close the bottom of the slip cover (it is hemmed to finish off the edges so it doesn't look crude). I is very comfortable now and I don't even notice it when my head bumps it occasionally. It is also nice to use now when I want to relax and my DH drives.
This sounds like a Basement Builders Craft idea to me. Make a few of those to sell Gertie and you could buy more jeep parts.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I replaced my front headrest with a pair from a 2008 Dodge Ram with matching interior color.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=25520&page=3

Quick Reply: Headrest Help