Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headlight upgrade

Old 01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Truck Lites or if you have the coin JW Speaker says this review: http://www.pirate4x4.com/tech/usmcdoc/lights/
Old 01-10-2014, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys, I think I might just give in and pay for the truck lites.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BobV
If you aren't set on LED lights I have read a lot of good things on here about the IPF headlight kit. Comes with new housings and bulbs. Supposed to be plug and play and much brighter white light. This is what I am leaning towards because it would kill me to spend $400 on headlights
No offense but I tried every bulb out there, and then I spent a good chunk of chalk on the whole IPF's kit from Northridge and yes they made a small difference...

took a chance on the truck lites and the difference is way better than anything else I've tried, by far!

in my experience there is no comparison between IPF's and truck lites...

well worth the investment.

matthew
Old 01-10-2014, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Between 2 jeeps, I've gone through 2 sets of Hella's, HIDs in stock housing, a set of Cibies (with Halogen and HIDs), projectorhid.coms and the TLs that I'm currently running. The Hella's were a 100x better than stock, but still not quite there (keep in mind I'm anal about lighting, and do a LOT of night driving where there's lots of wildlife that'll write off ones jeep). I was always skeptical about the TLs until one of my buddies got them... took his jeep for a drive one night... ordered mine the next day.

Just an FYI... a glass light (Hella's Cibies, etc), DRL and deep mud puddles do not mix. I cracked the lens in a set of Hella's and the Cibies this way. Last set of Hella's are in my porch as I pulled them in favor of the TLs.

I also would pass on the IPFs. Go read the headlight thread on jeepforum that Hildweller did (light testing, comparisons, etc). If you're going to go with a halogen headlight, I'd stick to Cibies or Hella's (wildly considered the top two choices - I personally preferred the Hella's over the Cibies, and they're cheaper).

Last edited by Septu; 01-10-2014 at 09:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade