Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headlight upgrade

Old 01-04-2014, 06:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight upgrade

I'm looking to upgrade my headlights because I removed the factory fogs when I put on my bumper. The headlights just aren't working well on the flats in Utah at night and I need some advice. I know the truck lite route and have considered it, but they are very expensive and if I can find something else I would be happy. On an old rig I changed out just the bulbs for a white light bulb and that helped a little bit but not enough, opinions? Thanks for the help.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

Probably not what you want to hear, but I just did the same research and went with the TruckLites. Get the harness too so they don't flicker. Huge improvement over stock lights.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

If you aren't set on LED lights I have read a lot of good things on here about the IPF headlight kit. Comes with new housings and bulbs. Supposed to be plug and play and much brighter white light. This is what I am leaning towards because it would kill me to spend $400 on headlights
Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about the kc hi lights kit and get the H4 bulb up grades with like a top line silverstar bulb an option and will only cost you about $175
Old 01-04-2014, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by iiM RuSHiN
I'm looking to upgrade my headlights because I removed the factory fogs when I put on my bumper. The headlights just aren't working well on the flats in Utah at night and I need some advice. I know the truck lite route and have considered it, but they are very expensive and if I can find something else I would be happy. On an old rig I changed out just the bulbs for a white light bulb and that helped a little bit but not enough, opinions? Thanks for the help.
Suck up the cost. Trucklite 7 and the harnesses are the only way to go.they are sick bright
Old 01-04-2014, 07:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BobV
If you aren't set on LED lights I have read a lot of good things on here about the IPF headlight kit. Comes with new housings and bulbs. Supposed to be plug and play and much brighter white light. This is what I am leaning towards because it would kill me to spend $400 on headlights
Have they fixed their harness problem yet? I had them for about 6 months then sold them to a friend more handy then myself lol I was tired of having the one light go out all the time because of a poor connection.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Have they fixed their harness problem yet? I had them for about 6 months then sold them to a friend more handy then myself lol I was tired of having the one light go out all the time because of a poor connection.
Y. Harness available from quadratec and rebel offroad
Old 01-10-2014, 05:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had the IPF H4 conversion for a few years now and I love it. The lights are a little blue for my taste so I ended up switching to silverstars. The harness adapters sucked, and I had to cut and solder so they would stay on.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:09 PM
JK Newbie

I just put a set of TruckLites in with the PWM harnesses. They are awesome! It killed me to drop that kind of coin on headlights, but they were worth it.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

If you don't care/need DOT compliant, go with Rebels. A test I read put them on par with trucklites or better! They use stock reflectors and the beam pattern is quite impressive. Half the cost too!

Sent from some string and a few tin cans.

Quick Reply: Headlight upgrade