Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headers Leaking

Old 01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think you would see some evidence of dark black areas near the leak. I had some Ripp headers install a few months back and I had a leak. The actual headers were not leaking but I found two leaks which were easily spotted by the dark black areas where the exhaust had escaped. My leaks were at the collector and resonator.

If you have that obvious of a leak there has to be a sign like I mentioned above somewhere. If the exhaust is getting out it is leaving a trail.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks like I will need to do some closer inspecting
Old 01-10-2012, 07:02 AM
JK Newbie

You can run a partial can of cleaner (such as seafoam) through the engine via an intake port (such as a brake vacuum) to find the leak. The cleaner will make white smoke that will be visible from any exhaust leaks. I haven't done this on the jk, but have on other vehicles.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bryan H
You can run a partial can of cleaner (such as seafoam) through the engine via an intake port (such as a brake vacuum) to find the leak. The cleaner will make white smoke that will be visible from any exhaust leaks. I haven't done this on the jk, but have on other vehicles.
Could I go through the air intake, or no?
Old 01-15-2012, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rockroaster

Could I go through the air intake, or no?
Bump for more input!

Quick Reply: Headers Leaking