Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headers

Old 07-04-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headers

I want to buy some headers but wanted some feedback before I bought them. So if y'all don't mind, let me know what ya think. And they need to be 50 state legal.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:02 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The money would be better allocated towards regearing.

Some SoCal shops will regear a JK for about $1000--parts and labor.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The headers that work are very expensive. They are probably the worst bang for your buck IMO. If your dead set on them, RIPP is the way to go.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Headers bring other problems....I've had a couple sets. You'll typically notice your plug wire insulation getting burnt up. Enough of that and your plugs will start shorting out to the header. The way my old headers sat made it so the plug boots were touching them even with bent plug wires.

Also- headers move some heat out of the motor and typically right into the engine bay since the rest of the exhaust system isn't setup to move that mass of air.

A little bit of water on them after you've been out romping around and you could be looking at cracks.

Just my personal experience though....through the years with different header brands and vehicles.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quick Reply: Headers