Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headers?

Old 01-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jaraxal
I appreciate your dropping in on this thread! I'm curious what the problem is that the dealer service guy was referring to. I also mentioned the RIPP SC and he said they install lots of those with no problems and highly recommend them. Both of your products are on my wish list to get installed in the next 6-8 months.
Thats the thing about being around a long time - Our kits are highly recommended - but long time dealers may not be up the 100% speed - in the beginning we didn't have corrected header tunes - The tunes had the rear O2's shut off and they would fail based on an O2 readiness code that would never cycle = problem. But thats all corrected now... our Diablo tunes for 07-2010 are solid with or without the header and all the in house testing we've done points to the headers and SC's running code free on the 2011's also.

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
RIPP, thanks for coming in and clearing that up.

RIPPTECH
Old 01-24-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Thats the thing about being around a long time - Our kits are highly recommended - but long time dealers may not be up the 100% speed - in the beginning we didn't have corrected header tunes - The tunes had the rear O2's shut off and they would fail based on an O2 readiness code that would never cycle = problem. But thats all corrected now... our Diablo tunes for 07-2010 are solid with or without the header and all the in house testing we've done points to the headers and SC's running code free on the 2011's also.

RIPPTECH
Awesome, I think that clears some things up. Next time at the dealer, I'll see if they have actually installed any recently. I can't wait to get the headers and supercharger on my Jeep!
Old 01-24-2012, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

I want these! Haha thanks for the clarity ripp

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.431277,-114.341980
Sent from me to you, using my iPhone
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jaraxal

Awesome, I think that clears some things up. Next time at the dealer, I'll see if they have actually installed any recently. I can't wait to get the headers and supercharger on my Jeep!
I've got both and she is a lot more fun to drive nowadays. It may cost a bit but you won't regret it.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I've got both and she is a lot more fun to drive nowadays. It may cost a bit but you won't regret it.
Doesn't cost near as much as a hemi.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.426861,-114.347061
Sent from me to you, using my iPhone

Quick Reply: Headers?