Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headers?

Old 01-24-2012, 02:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting. Good to know!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.426773,-114.347013
Sent from me to you, using my iPhone
Old 01-24-2012, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
Well I hate to say this but you might throw an error code that has to do with your cataylist. Mine did when I first installed them. I know there are several other guys on this forum that have 2011 JKs with Ripp headers. I want to say I have heard them state no check engine light so far. Hopefully they will speak up. I thought it was common knowledge that no tuner has cracked the 2011 PCM codes but I can see your point. Someone may not know that and get caught in your situation.
Thanks, good to know.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SergeantChuck
I was talking to another guy with a 2011 and I thought he said his kit came with O2 sensors. Did yours? Maybe I misunderstood him but I know he said that he has 300 miles on his headers and no check engine light. Without a tune.
I'll have to check when I get home. I know there were 2 wire harness extensions, but I didn't look specifically at what they were for. Guessing they extend the existing O2 sensor harnesses to the new locations. But being that there were no instructions in the box (labeled American Racing Headers with a stamp on the side reading "Camaro") and no Predator, I didn't spend a lot of time investigating. And it was dang cold in the garage last night
Old 01-24-2012, 10:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by STL-RUBI
I'll have to check when I get home. I know there were 2 wire harness extensions, but I didn't look specifically at what they were for. Guessing they extend the existing O2 sensor harnesses to the new locations. But being that there were no instructions in the box (labeled American Racing Headers with a stamp on the side reading "Camaro") and no Predator, I didn't spend a lot of time investigating. And it was dang cold in the garage last night
They send you the wrong headers?

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=48.408953,-114.338238
Sent from me to you, using my iPhone
Old 01-24-2012, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Maybe the 2011 kit does not come with a Predator because you can install a tune anyway. Have you had a chance to call Ripp? I might be wrong about the 02 sensors. I may have missread his post. I am going to try to find the thread where I was talking to a guy with a 2011. I know he said he had no check engine issues as off 300 miles.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 AM
JK Freak

I found the quote. Maybe you can IM him. It was in this thread on the 5th page.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t=RIPP+Headers

Originally Posted by vandezy
No problems with the computer, the headers come with sensors 02 and work nicely knock on wood meant for the 2011 jkur love them so far seem as its a little better performance had a strong head wind so mpg can't be compared yet. But they seemed to be a good complement to the long arm kit as it has a much slimmer profile than the oem headers and the cat on driver side is no longer an issue. Teraflex did a nice job.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can anyone confirm that the Predator tunes that come with the RIPP headers work on a 2011? I ordered their kit with the Predator, the box showed up without the Predator and I'm wondering if I should argue for the Predator to be shipped to me or for a refund of the difference in the price of the kits if the Predator doesn't work with a 2011 anyway.
Side question that might determine whether or not I return the whole thing: Am I going to run lean with no tune and the RIPP headers?
The predator does not work with the 2011 - the website was a typo - it has been corrected - Depending on where it was purchased I'm sure they will refund you the difference - RIPP will not play games for something like that.

Originally Posted by Jaraxal
I asked my dealer, they do alot of after market mods, about the RIPP long tube headers on my 2011 and I was told they are having problems getting them to pass emissions. Something about the oxygen sensors throwing codes.

Anyone else having this problem? It is an issue in MD when you get emission tested every 2 years.
Originally Posted by Jaraxal
I don't have the headers yet. I was asking the dealer about getting them installed and they steered me away from the install until they could resolve the issues. The dealer said it had something to do with the difference in length/distance of where the o2 sensors get the readings or something to that effect.
We've tested exclusivly with sevral 2011's and the O2 run within spec, there are many forum members that run RIPP Headers on their 2011's without issue

No the wires are O2 Extenders - but without the instructions you wouldn't have know that sorry about that those can easily be emailed to you... just email rippmods@rippmods.com

American Racing Headers makes those for RIPP - The box is called Camaro (because its the same box they use for the JK) -

RIPPTECH

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 01-24-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the replies folks, and RIPP! I think I'm all situated now. Ordered these through Northridge, so Dave's been taking care of me. I've got the right header set and I'll drop an e-mail for the installation instructions. They're getting installed on Thurs and can't wait!
Old 01-24-2012, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
The predator does not work with the Diablo - the website was a typo - it has been corrected - Depending on where it was purchased I'm sure they will refund you the difference - RIPP will not play games for something like that.

We've tested exclusivly with sevral 2011's and the O2 run within spec, there are many forum members that run RIPP Headers on their 2011's without issue

No the wires are O2 Extenders - but without the instructions you wouldn't have know that sorry about that those can easily be emailed to you... just rippmods@rippmods.com

American Racing Headers makes those for RIPP - The box is called Camaro (because its the same box they use for the JK) -

RIPPTECH
I appreciate your dropping in on this thread! I'm curious what the problem is that the dealer service guy was referring to. I also mentioned the RIPP SC and he said they install lots of those with no problems and highly recommend them. Both of your products are on my wish list to get installed in the next 6-8 months.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

RIPP, thanks for coming in and clearing that up.

Quick Reply: Headers?