Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Headers for the 2-door Rubicon?

Old 10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bim6180
should be the same...no difference in the engine bay between rubicon and X and Sahara
Thats was I though.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Just an FYI.. I have picked up a set of the Banks Power Headers.. I'll hopeully will be installing them this weekend and get on a dyno next week..
Old 10-04-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

1BADJK... I have the Gibson's and I am the one who had the battery tray melt and informed Gibson (they couldn't beleive it until I sent them pictures0. As near as I can tell the Banks look to be nearly the same shape, at any rate it is tight quarters in there and I think the potential for the melting is there for any header. I built a heat sheild that bolts to the battery box side and hangs down between the headers and the box and stopped the melting. Gibson is going to include a heat sheild that fastens to the header with a hose clamp for future sales (the last I talked to them). I really can't tell you if I got anything from the headers as far as power and/or fuel economy. I have added a Hesco SC since and I am convinced that the headers have to enhance the flow with more air in and the need to move it out.
Jim
Old 10-04-2007, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

As I understand, Banks doesn't have anything for the 2-door JKs.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jameswharton
1BADJK... I have the Gibson's and I am the one who had the battery tray melt and informed Gibson (they couldn't beleive it until I sent them pictures0. As near as I can tell the Banks look to be nearly the same shape, at any rate it is tight quarters in there and I think the potential for the melting is there for any header. I built a heat sheild that bolts to the battery box side and hangs down between the headers and the box and stopped the melting. Gibson is going to include a heat sheild that fastens to the header with a hose clamp for future sales (the last I talked to them). I really can't tell you if I got anything from the headers as far as power and/or fuel economy. I have added a Hesco SC since and I am convinced that the headers have to enhance the flow with more air in and the need to move it out.
Jim
Yes and thanks, I've looked over your previous thread.. Something I will be looking into for sure during the install.

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
As I understand, Banks doesn't have anything for the 2-door JKs.
There is no difference under the hood..
Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM
JK Freak

I'll give Banks a call back. Just curious, how much did you pay for the headers? Did you also purchase the cat-back system from Banks?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

i just insatlled new gibson headers. havent had melting problems yet, but i did notice more power in the higher rpm ranges
Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rebel Heart
I'll give Banks a call back. Just curious, how much did you pay for the headers? Did you also purchase the cat-back system from Banks?
Paid just over $500 for them installed.. And no on the cat-back..
Custom Magna Flow system... Removed Cats..
Old 10-04-2007, 12:39 PM
JK Freak

I'll be waiting to see if you find anymore power with the headers. How do you like the Magna Flow exhaust?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Where did you buy the headers from? Banks told me they were $632. They are still developing the exhaust for the 2-door. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Headers for the 2-door Rubicon?