Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hawse fairlead with wire rope?

Old 08-13-2010, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate the way my roller fairlead sticks out the front of my bumper, if I hit something thats gonna take the impact. Found the steel fairlead at Quadratec....on order!
Old 08-13-2010, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the info fellas. How much weight does the synthetic line save? Also, where is a good place to find some just gray synthetic line? I really like the looks of the bulldog 10k winch, but might want to add syn. line to it.

Last edited by JKMudder; 08-13-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:54 PM
JK Freak

I just bought a Viking synthetic winch line from AlphaExpedition. it comes in Black!!

I love it becuase I'm not into the flashy either, plus I feel that when you see blue or orange line, people know it's synthetic and that just makes it a target for theives. Black is a little more suddle.

Plus the sales pitch is that the black is more resistant to UV rays. So far it's great!
Old 08-13-2010, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKMudder
Thanks for the info fellas. How much weight does the synthetic line save? Also, where is a good place to find some just gray synthetic line? I really like the looks of the bulldog 10k winch, but might want to add syn. line to it.
My 100 feet of 5/16th amsteel blue came in OD green and weighs like 3-4 lbs. The steel cable was pushing 15-20 maybe

Quick Reply: Hawse fairlead with wire rope?