Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Have questions regarding a build, need help!!!

Old 10-13-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have questions regarding a build, need help!!!

Okay, I am a general newbie when it comes to the Jeep thing, but I've always wanted one and plan to go off-road alot. Soon, I will finally be in a financial position to do my build right. I have been doing a lot of research as to what I am going to include in my build but I have a few questions that I can't really find the answers to.

First, let's cover what I "think" I have decided on for my build:

- 2012/2013 Rubicon Unlimited
- Teraflex 6" Elite Long Arm Suspension kit w/ Fox Shocks (complete)
- 37" tires for on road / daily driving (not sure which tires yet)
- 40" tires for off road (not sure which tires yet)
- Tom Woods Drive Shafts (front and rear) w/ Spicer Joints
- Shrockworks Stubby Front Bumper w/ WARN PowerPlant HD
- Switchblad Sport Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier (Hopefully) **Don't think I can mention manufacturer since I believe they were banned.
- FabFours Rock Sliders
- Rugged Ridge Gen II Snorkel

That's the main parts of the build. There will be lighting and stuff, but I'm not going to go through that stuff as well.

Now, to my questions.

First, what exactly is a Coil-Over kit? Is the only benefit more flex? Is it something I can do in conjunction with the Teraflex kit, or is it seperate?

Second, for axles, I plan on running stock until they break, once they do, I will probably go with the Teraflex CRD60R, and hopefully by then, they'll have a comprable axle for the front as well. My problem is with what kind of locker to go with. I would really prefer to have E-Lockers in both, but I have seen that Eatons don't really work in that big of an axle, with as big of tires as I plan on running. Maybe Eaton will offer something that does by then, but not holding my breath. In which case, I would go with ARB lockers. Now, if I go that route, should I pass on the WARN PowerPlant, and just get a Winch and an OBA system to run the lockers? If I go that route, I'm looking at going with a VIAIR X'Treme Duty OBA. Or should I still get the PowerPlant and like a mini-compressor dedicated to the Lockers?

Please, any help or info on these subjects would be greatly appreciated. Also, if you guys have any thoughts on something else that I should include in my build. And far as stabalizers and stuff because of the lift, I have those in mind, just didn't list it as I consider all of that as part of my complete suspension.

Also, if you're wondering why all the love for TeraFlex, I'm from Ogden Utah, so it's a short drive to personally visit TeraFlex, and an even shorter one to visit Tom Woods.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Have questions regarding a build, need help!!!