Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Have a few questions (lift, tires, wheels..)...please help me out!!!

Old 01-28-2013, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by matprovo
If you really want long arms EVO makes a bolt on long arm but its 4". You could probably do a different spring set up like Rock Krawler if you really want to go up further. As stated above regear should be high on your list and I'm pretty sure you will need new drive shafts if you go up that high. Maybe not immediately but with that angle it puts a lot of stress. You should also beef up your front axle with C gussets. With those big tires you might damage something pretty quick.

Good luck with the build. It's your Jeep!!
I'm trying to stay away from a LA kit. I still have to look into the C gusset thing, I'm guessing it'll crack or twist the axle housing???

Originally Posted by hooper
If you plan on flat fenders later, I would save the money and but smaller wheels which will make your tires cheaper (even if you get 37's). A 4" lift with 37's and flat are plenty good. You will need the money for gears soon after you change the tires. You will also most likely need a front driveshaft if you do go wheeling. I think you should also weld on some gussets to you dana 30. The gear work should be done at the same time you do your tires and wheels. Most 4" lifts tell you that you need to change the front driveshaft or use an exhaust spacer.
Yea I'm thinking maybe an 18" wheel, I just really like how the 20's look. Why a front d/s and not a rear?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Another thing to consider is that RK and I think teraflex also, you can start with their basic lift kits and keep on upgrading as you find the need to
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

So it is a two door.. I'll go back to what I first posted... 37" will be a monster street jeep and regear will almost be a must.

someone suggested 2" with flat flares and 35's... for the money and "look" thats the way to go. lemme get a pic up of my rubi with 35's on a 3" bds

also..kids,wife, dog... not trying to talk you out of it....but 37" is a but street machine...just looking over the long haul...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres a TF 2.5 coil with 35s. In the future, I'm panning on flat fenders. When I have passengers, I bring a folding 2-step stool. Look at the height of the seats using the curb as a scale. It's nice to sit up high, but climbing into a taller rig just for street use is overkill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3865537478.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	416259

Last edited by BlackRockBurner; 01-30-2013 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Have a few questions (lift, tires, wheels..)...please help me out!!!