Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Have about $800 bucks for a lift

Old 12-14-2009, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have about $800 bucks for a lift

It's a pretty much a stock 08 4-door rubicon, except for a bumper I threw on... I'll stuff a winch in that bumper at some point and there is a dirt bike on a hitch hauler a good part of the time.

I don't have much cash on hand but I figure 800 should get me somewhere. Right?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://mydogpete.com/interests/3508_miles/i/
Old 12-14-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

TF 2.5" coil lift w/ shocks will cost you much less and let you spend the extra on something else.

If you go above 3"(give or take) you're going to start running into other problems(opportunities to upgrade) such as adjustable control arms, driveshafts, trackbars, etc..
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by petethedog
It's a pretty much a stock 08 4-door rubicon, except for a bumper I threw on... I'll stuff a winch in that bumper at some point and there is a dirt bike on a hitch hauler a good part of the time.

I don't have much cash on hand but I figure 800 should get me somewhere. Right?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

http://mydogpete.com/interests/3508_miles/i/
For the money you have i would go this route http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...K-PACKAGE-LIFT
Old 12-14-2009, 06:04 PM
JK Newbie

I was looking at that OME lift on the ARB site... Looking for about 2.5 inches. Any ideas for the
Shocks:
Currie Control arms:
Adjustable sway bar links:
Teraflex Control arms:
Bumpstops:
Spidertrax Wheel spacers:
Rear spring retainers:
Brake lines:

Whats needed and Whats not? Going to bump up the tires to 33's in about 10,000 miles.

Last edited by petethedog; 12-14-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Go with the TF 2.5 coils and Shocks and TF front LCA and you will be just over $800 but very happy with the results.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am really happy with my OME with HD springs. Ride is great, and the install was easy. Took about 3.5 hours by myself with basic air tools. I netted 3.5" total lift and it hasn't sagged yet with a new F bumper and winch.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
I am really happy with my OME with HD springs. Ride is great, and the install was easy. Took about 3.5 hours by myself with basic air tools. I netted 3.5" total lift and it hasn't sagged yet with a new F bumper and winch.

What all came in the list? Did you get it from Northridge?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2009, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default 800 bucks and a lift..

I installed a Rough Country 4" lift in '07 on my new Rubicon and it has been problem free. I have 35's and have been to Moab and over the Rubicon trail last June... not a single issue. Cost...$499.95 from Rough Country...
Old 12-14-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Are you looking at spending $800 and being done with the lift? Or spending $800 to get started, then add components as you get the cash?

Both the OME HD and TeraFlex 2.5 coil lifts will get you over 3" of lift. At that height, you'll be looking at adj trackbars, adj control arms, links front and rear, brake line extensions, possibly even driveshafts. Either are great lifts, just a suggestion to go into it with your eyes open so you don't regret the decision...

If you will not be going over 33" tires, a TF leveling kit would be another option. 2" front and 1" rear will fit the 33's just fine.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by petethedog
What all came in the list? Did you get it from Northridge?

Thanks!
I bought it from one of those "other guys" , but still a site sponser...my kit was 4 shocks, and 4 springs. Thats all. I did get an adj rear trac bar from Northridge a few weeks later. I didn't notice any driving issues, but the rear end needed to be pushed about 1" off to the driver side after the lift to get the old trac bar to line up again. The new trac bar corrected that problem.

The Northridge kit is what I should have done...but got it on sale at the time

I have had it off road plenty and have not had any issues with the stock brake lines and have about 10K on the lift. All problem free.

Quick Reply: Have about $800 bucks for a lift