Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Has your Jeep been flagged?
Yup - Looks like my dealership nailed me
8.33%
Nope - Still got a clean record
91.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Has Your Jeep Been Flagged? Find Out Now!

Old 06-17-2010, 12:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know a contractor personally that had 2 brand new 13000$ allison transmissons put in his 05 duramax/allison equipped dually. He was towing equipment that was far too heavy for the truck. The first one GM replaced no questions asked. The second one he had to fight for and he won by using the commercial where the dually hauled an enormous out of the ocean and onto the beach. He said that it was false advertising because his gear was nowhere near as heavy as a 100 ft boat.

He also realised that he couldnt get another tranny after this and bought a highway truck lol.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:30 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MasterG
I wonder.. Is it your vote at " Yes i'm flagged" Eddie ?
Yes, the first vote was mine.

BTW - Thank you everyone for helping me out with this poll.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moho
Then why do they refuse to do warranty work if you have been off roading.
Page 4 of my 2009 Owner's Manual states (paragraph 2): This is a specialized utility vehicle designed for both on-road and off-road use. It can go places and perform tasks for which conventional two-wheel drive enclosed vehicles were not intended..."

I don't see how off-roading can simply be called "abuse" or something similar and void the warranty.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FalconKR5
Page 4 of my 2009 Owner's Manual states (paragraph 2): This is a specialized utility vehicle designed for both on-road and off-road use. It can go places and perform tasks for which conventional two-wheel drive enclosed vehicles were not intended..."

I don't see how off-roading can simply be called "abuse" or something similar and void the warranty.
If you drive your Jeep through a mud hole and then want your radiator replaced, or if you are off-roading and hit a tree, that would be abuse and the dealer would not cover it. This debate is not about whether a dealer will cover your vehicle if you offroad, it is about checking to see if your dealer flagged your Jeep as modified in the Chrysler database. Right now it is 40 vs 2.

I think Eddie's point was and still is - his Jeep was flagged because the dealer is mad at him about a poor review, not because of any specific Chrysler policy.

For the record, those of you not reading the entire thread(s), at this moment, the ONLY outstanding issue WOL has with Chrysler is that his vehicle is flagged in their database, which could (and probably will) make getting future warranty work done hard. After hard work by WOL, Chrysler has reimbursed him for his repairs and there is no other warranty issue at the moment. (Eddie, please correct me if I am wrong).
Old 06-17-2010, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Torrin
If you drive your Jeep through a mud hole and then want your radiator replaced, or if you are off-roading and hit a tree, that would be abuse and the dealer would not cover it. This debate is not about whether a dealer will cover your vehicle if you offroad, it is about checking to see if your dealer flagged your Jeep as modified in the Chrysler database. Right now it is 40 vs 2.

I think Eddie's point was and still is - his Jeep was flagged because the dealer is mad at him about a poor review, not because of any specific Chrysler policy.

For the record, those of you not reading the entire thread(s), at this moment, the ONLY outstanding issue WOL has with Chrysler is that his vehicle is flagged in their database, which could (and probably will) make getting future warranty work done hard. After hard work by WOL, Chrysler has reimbursed him for his repairs and there is no other warranty issue at the moment. (Eddie, please correct me if I am wrong).
I fully agree with you regarding Eddie's point; I was merely responding to another member's post regarding a dealer failing to perform work under warranty due to using the vehicle off-road. While you point out two examples where the warranty should not apply due to abuse or impact (and I agree again), I am only suggesting that off-roading is not cause in itself for a warranty claim to be denied by establishing that it is designed for such use, per Chrysler.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by FalconKR5
I fully agree with you regarding Eddie's point; I was merely responding to another member's post regarding a dealer failing to perform work under warranty due to using the vehicle off-road. While you point out two examples where the warranty should not apply due to abuse or impact (and I agree again), I am only suggesting that off-roading is not cause in itself for a warranty claim to be denied by establishing that it is designed for such use, per Chrysler.
No problem, there have just been so many off the wall comments with this thread(s) that I thought you were in that camp. (You know, screw Chrysler, they are all out to get me, etc. etc.)
Old 06-17-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

Yup, I'm flagged, I dont even have to call to know this.....

• What model year is your JK? 2007 JKU Rubicon
• When did you buy it? October 2006
• What kind of warranty did you get with it? extended 5 year 100,000km = I paid $2500
• How many miles do you have on it now? now 90,000kms, but about 60,000kms when I got flagged
• Is your JK Modified? yes, but at time of flagging only spacer lift, bumpers, 35's, wheels, exhaust and intake.
• Have you ever taken your JK into a dealership for service or otherwise? Yes for everything, all services (included) and a few warranty issues
• If yes, was it modified at the time? yes, see above mods. Now much more modded though, see SIG.
If it is in fact a policy of Chrysler to have dealerships flag all Jeep's simply for being modified, it is clearly an unwritten one and this poll should help give all of us some insight as to how much it is enforced.

See my other post in Eddies thread as to how my Canadian JK got flagged.

Last edited by 07rubisteve; 06-17-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

• What model year is your JK? 2007
• When did you buy it? Couple years ago
• What kind of warranty did you get with it? 5yr/100,000kms
• How many miles do you have on it now? 60,000kms
• Is your JK Modified? yes
• Have you ever taken your JK into a dealership for service or otherwise? Yes, Great West Chrysler in Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
• If yes, was it modified at the time? Yes

In addition, the dealership above basically dishonored my warranty at the point my jeep was driven through their door. I took it there for a repair and I was told, and I quote:"if you do not get the repair done we will report your vehicle as modified". Hmmm,where I come from the term for this is...blackmail? $2500 later, too make a long story short, the part did not need replacing at all(I had it inspected by several mechanics). I filed a complaint with Chrysler and BBB so who knows,maybe after this they will flag my vehicle.

As far as I'm concerned, Chrysler can go take a flying f@ck. I own several Jeeps and they will be my last. They will never get a dime out of me ever again!

Sorry to hear about everyones issues in the other post,looks like this a worldwide problem with really no standardization to the process at all.

Many 's
Old 06-19-2010, 05:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GL08JK
Mine has been flagged and they told me they were going to do it. I went in for the automatic tranny recall when it happened. I have the superchip flashpaq and knew that the dealer was going to do something to the computer so I did what superchip said to do to UNINSTALL the settings done by the programmer to return things back to factory. After completing the "return to factory" settings I went to the dealer for the recall and about 10 minutes into things they called me back to ask how I "MODIFIED" the factory computer settings. There were a couple of settings that the Superchip Flashpaq DID NOT return back to factory and the one that the dealer caught first was the TPMS setting being still disabled. After playing stupid about not knowing about it they were dinks and lectured me about NOT MODIFYING the computer in the future because this will void any warranty issues related to the programming. Along with that they said that Chrysler requires them to flag and make a note attached to the VIN number of my Jeep so when any other dealer has to do work they all know. Other than that they said nothing and had no problem about the 35" tires and teraflex 2.5" coil lift.
Bummer, I wish their tuner turned everything to 100% stock like it should. You should be able to unplug it after 'returning to stock' and sell the unlocked tuner if you want. I found the TPMS didn't change back yesterday before i took mine to the dealership, had to un'remove' it before going to the dealership

Quick Reply: Has Your Jeep Been Flagged? Find Out Now!