Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Has your Jeep been flagged?
Yup - Looks like my dealership nailed me
8.33%
Nope - Still got a clean record
91.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Has Your Jeep Been Flagged? Find Out Now!

Old 06-16-2010, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my travels, I found a dealer that thinks a lift, bigger tires, regearing and a programer just helps the Jeep perform like it was meant to. He will honor the warrantee as long as the part or service needed was not abused. He knows what goes on on the trails and is very fair regarding problems. He has proven to be one in a hundred. I even supply the mod parts. He's a bit of a drive for me, but worth it.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MasterG
I really don't think it's possible..
Of course it's possible. You're giving them your vin number. They know who you are. I am sure they keep records of your call. And how do you know what they do with that info?
Old 06-16-2010, 01:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no problems with warranty work on mine. I can't call the number, since I am deaf.

Just for those of you out there who want to know what I have - look in my SIG. My most recent warranty work was to have dents fixed from my last service call. And they threw on the soft top installation for free as well.

Dealer was - West Herr Jeep in West Seneca, NY
Old 06-16-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

My jeep was flagged a year or so ago. I only had a 2'' spring spacer on the front. Still had original wheels and tires onit. I broke the front axle yokes and u joint on driverside. Took it to Fram dodge in Norco just to see if they might cover it. They held my jeep for 7 days trying to think of what to do with it. They finally said that I had been rock crawling and didn't cover it. I knew they wouldn't, but just wanted to see.

They flagged my jeep and voided my entire warranty. After that nothing was coverd. The only thing on my jeep that was coverd was any recall notices.

I should have never taken it in.

But my jeep is now past its socalled 3 year 36000 any way.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RichRock
You're giving them your vin number. They know who you are. I am sure they keep records of your call. And how do you know what they do with that info?
I didn't even have to give them my VIN. As soon as my phone number popped up on their system, they started telling ME who I was and what vehicle I have.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Uneasy Rider
Dude, If I were you I'd go back up to that dealer that you pissed off with a six pack & try to mend some fences.

I worked at a motorcycle dealer years ago, and if I had a customer bitch & moan as much as this, I'd make his life a living hell too.

To me you seem to be going about this all wrong.

Just sayin...

Dude...did you even read the 35 page thread on the link Eddie provided about the original issue(s)?

If you had, you wouldn't be posting this ridiculous comment...if you think this issue is going to go away with a six-pack of beer and a little butt kissing, or that it was caused by the ranting of a disgruntled customer trying to make life hard for a dealership, you didn't do much thinkin' or readin' before 'Just sayin'.

Last edited by glwood6; 06-16-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

• What model year is your JK? 2008
• When did you buy it? 8/30/08
• What kind of warranty did you get with it? Lifetime power train/Max Care lifetime bumper to bumper
• How many miles do you have on it now? 17,466
• Is your JK Modified? Rock sliders, 33" Coopers, Spidertrax spacers, Trektop, additional armor.
• Have you ever taken your JK into a dealership for service or otherwise? Yes.
• If yes, was it modified at the time? Yes.

My dealer sells new JKs with lift kits installed in their shop. I routinely see modded JKs in the service lot. They didn't even flinch at the wheel spacers.

The dealer: Smithaven Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep, St. James, NY. They also have a Mitsubishi and Kia dealership across the street. Formerly, they were a Suzuki dealer. They sold the Suzuki franchise two years ago, and picked up Mitsubishi.

Since 1980, my wife and I, and my daughters have purchased a total of 8 vehicles from this dealer. Over 30 years, I have never had any warranty issues with them. I worked for this dealership, putting myself thru college. They know me, and look after my needs without debate. As a result, we will continue to buy cars from them. Two weeks ago, I co-signed a loan for my daughter, who purchased a Kia Soul. Likewise, a few years ago I co-signed for my oldest daughter's Grand Vitara.

Like any dealer, making money is the primary motivator. At 12,000 miles, they recommended changing the axle oil. I smiled and said that "the manual states 18,000 miles under severe service. My Jeep doesn't see severe service. So, 24k is the proper interval. But, no harm in trying." The service writer smiled....

As dealers go, this is a good one.

Last edited by Widewing; 06-16-2010 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 PM
JK Super Freak

If I understand correctly, Federal Law required them to prove that your mod caused the stock part to break...so If you put in a spacer lift, they flag you and dont want to fix, lets say a bad alternator or something cant you just take them to small claims court?? Fig an alternator job is about $600 or so?? + days off work and inconveniance...sue em for $1500-2000. Then bring with you all of the Jeep ads that show the JK off road, on rocks, etc... Bring in the Jeep definition of the trail rated badge and a mopar accesories catalog with all the mopar bumpers, lifts etc...
Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by yomondo
I didn't even have to give them my VIN. As soon as my phone number popped up on their system, they started telling ME who I was and what vehicle I have.
Just call from work and say you want to purchase used jeep VIN # and want to know the history.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Pape
Just call from work and say you want to purchase used jeep VIN # and want to know the history.
Seem to be a good idea... just a girlfriend's cell phone..

Quick Reply: Has Your Jeep Been Flagged? Find Out Now!