Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone welded their Teraflex rear trackbar relo bracket?

Old 11-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Well, the one I'm specifically speaking of is the one that's in the 2.5" coil lift we've been discussing, not that huge one above. What about the smaller one?
So far they seem to work pretty good. Some have had to apply some BFH to get them into place and other they just slide right into place. You could weld them in if you wanted too.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say the HD bracket. I have it installed on my rig and I have taken some serious side hits on the trail and its holding up fine. I love it.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, the one I'm specifically speaking of is the one that's in the 2.5" coil lift we've been discussing, not that huge one above. What about the smaller one?
I have the 3" lift which comes with the large and monsterous rear relo bracket. Soooo actually we are not discussing the relo bracket that comes with the BB.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

My 3" teraflex kit did not come with that bracket, it came with the bracket that attaches to the frame. Is this something that comes with the newer kits? Reason I ask is just recently my rear spring is coming in contact with the extension bracket on the frame whenever I carry a passenger?? makes a real nasty vibrating sound!!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does anyone have an upclose photo of the TF one, I have one yet to be installed.
Thanks
John

The photo from teraflex shows a bracket much different than mine, are there 2 different types?

Last edited by Heyspike; 11-19-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Heyspike
Does anyone have an upclose photo of the TF one, I have one yet to be installed.
Thanks
John

The photo from teraflex shows a bracket much different than mine, are there 2 different types?
Yes, there are 2 types. I believe the smaller of the 2 comes with the BB. Mine (the bigger one)came with the 3" lift
You can visit www.Teraflex.biz or just google it. You can also give Joe (Teraflex) a call. I'm sure he can help clarify your questions about the rear TB relo bracket.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jayrav
I have the 3" lift which comes with the large and monsterous rear relo bracket. Soooo actually we are not discussing the relo bracket that comes with the BB.
I know which one the thread was talking about. I don't need comprehension school. The one I'm talking about doesn't come with a BB either......at least I'm not talking about a BB. I am talking about a complete coil lift, as I said earlier. Perhaps you need comprehension assistance.

This is the kit to which I am referring:

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/ter...-w-shocks.html

It is NOT a budget boost.

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 11-19-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:20 PM
JK Freak

I run a 4 " TeraFlex lift. The original bracket was a frame mount and hit the rear shock. the new monster bracket bolts to the axle in several spots. My onlY problem was the U bolt seemed very soft and the threads smeared trying to place it over the axle. I could not get the bolts to thread properly so I had Tera Flex -plus weld it in place. It makes a huge on road difference in the way the JK handles now. It may only be for 3 + LIFTS. I do not see this ever tearing off other than an impact with a TRAIN.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I know which one the thread was talking about. I don't need comprehension school. The one I'm talking about doesn't come with a BB either......at least I'm not talking about a BB. I am talking about a complete coil lift, as I said earlier. Perhaps you need comprehension assistance.

This is the kit to which I am referring:

http://www.teraflex.biz/products/ter...-w-shocks.html

It is NOT a budget boost.
Damn RedneckJeep! Don't get your panties in a bunch! What is the big deal! You said the 2.5" lift which to me is the BB. If I'm wrong, then I apologize. This is no reason for you to disrespect me. Now here is my version of comprehension assistance. Very simple in plain english: THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE 2.5" LIFT, NOR IS IT ABOUT FRAME MOUNTED BRACKETS. ITS ABOUT WELDING A RELOCATION BRACKET AS PER RECOMMENDATION IN THE TERAFLEX INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE 3" LIFT. CAN YOU CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD? IF NOT THEN...
Old 11-19-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

so i take it is ok to well the bracket to the axle? i am getting ready to pull the trigger on my 3" TF lift and the monsta bracket comes with this kit. so i will have it welded on for sure then.

Quick Reply: Has anyone welded their Teraflex rear trackbar relo bracket?