Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone used the AEV control arm brackets?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WCDAVE
Well, if you are considering these brackets and you need 3" or more of lift, why not just get the AEV kit complete? You will have to buy springs and shocks anyway, so unless you are buying cheap springs and cheap shocks (as an upgrade? ) then you will benefit from the kit. Which includes the geometry correcting brackets and the rest of the things you will need anyway. I have the AEV 3.5" kit and it rides great.
One of my friends installed this control arm bracket kit on his 2 door with a 2" BB. Worked great and looks stock. I don't see where you would need 3.5" of lift for this kit. He (my friend) is lurking on this forum somewhere.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
One of my friends installed this control arm bracket kit on his 2 door with a 2" BB. Worked great and looks stock. I don't see where you would need 3.5" of lift for this kit. He (my friend) is lurking on this forum somewhere.

We would like to know what is his take is on the Bracket kit and some pictures would be nice
Old 09-14-2011, 10:37 AM
JK Freak

These instructions should help since it has specs regarding non AEV lift heights.

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Installation/132273.pdf
Old 09-14-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Here are more installations with better pics

http://forum.aev-conversions.com/att...9&d=1271705933
Old 10-11-2011, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Are the AEV control arm brackets still available? On their site the Nth degree lifts come with cam bolts and I don't see these included. The installation on the quadratec site though says not to use cam bolts.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The search button is your friend. There was a good long thread here not even a week ago about the pros and cons of these same brackets.

One thing I will say though - cam bolts are a bad idea. Period. If you offroad your rig, they will get loose. Then they will rotate in the holes that have been cut in your frame. Then you will start having issues. Why cam bolts cam up here is a mystery to me, because the whole idea of control arm relocation brackets is to adress your suspension geometry - just like cam bolts try to do. It's an either/or proposition.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by automaticSuperstatic
Are the AEV control arm brackets still available? On their site the Nth degree lifts come with cam bolts and I don't see these included. The installation on the quadratec site though says not to use cam bolts.
Yea they are still available. The instructions for using cam bolts are out of date on their website.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by w squared
The search button is your friend. There was a good long thread here not even a week ago about the pros and cons of these same brackets.

One thing I will say though - cam bolts are a bad idea. Period. If you offroad your rig, they will get loose. Then they will rotate in the holes that have been cut in your frame. Then you will start having issues. Why cam bolts cam up here is a mystery to me, because the whole idea of control arm relocation brackets is to adress your suspension geometry - just like cam bolts try to do. It's an either/or proposition.
I brought up the cam bolts because that is what comes with the Nth kit. Can you request the relocation brackets instead? I don't even see them on their site.

I was considering the 3.5" lift but the cam bolts had me hesitating. The relocation brackets seem like a nice alternative.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:10 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by w squared
One thing I will say though - cam bolts are a bad idea. Period. If you offroad your rig, they will get loose. Then they will rotate in the holes that have been cut in your frame. Then you will start having issues.
Ditto - cam bolts are bad for the serious offroader. I inherited them when I bought my used, lifted JK. The bolts loosened after every trail and I even lost one altogether on the highway coming home once. Finally got rid of them and welded the holes back to fit standard bolts - no problems since.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
Yea they are still available. The instructions for using cam bolts are out of date on their website.
Awesome

Quick Reply: Has anyone used the AEV control arm brackets?