Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone used the AEV control arm brackets?

Old 09-12-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone used the AEV control arm brackets?

Are these a good option for correcting pinion angle after a lift until a set of adjustable control arms can be purchased?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Freak

Much debate about this. I have them and lower control arms (Rock Krawler). They give up 2 inches of ground clearance at the upper mount but the ride is much better since it puts the angle of the arms more horizontal and the energy absorbs more into the shocks/springs as opposed to the frame. Offroad, I have had no problems with them being lowered. The RK arms are bent to lessen the drop. Either way is fine. Adjustable arms are more expensive but awesome if you got the funds.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-348243970.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	209874  
Old 09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I'm trying to put together a good low budget but quality system.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Remember you should only use them if your lift is a true 3.5 inches or higher. Teraflex 2.5 and OME 2.5 lifts are great and if using HD coils on the OME, you will need control arms or the brackets since they are are higher than the 2.5 as advertised to get around the Australian lift maximum laws.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by remingtonJK
Are these a good option for correcting pinion angle after a lift until a set of adjustable control arms can be purchased?
I think these are a great invention. Adjustable control arms are not NEEDED by most. They are just wanted by many. This is a great alternative to the adjustable arms. This and the alignment cams front and back, and your all set. Save the control arm money for cooler and more useful things.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BuckLisa
Much debate about this. I have them and lower control arms (Rock Krawler). They give up 2 inches of ground clearance at the upper mount but the ride is much better since it puts the angle of the arms more horizontal and the energy absorbs more into the shocks/springs as opposed to the frame. Offroad, I have had no problems with them being lowered. The RK arms are bent to lessen the drop. Either way is fine. Adjustable arms are more expensive but awesome if you got the funds.
I absolutely agree with this. I gave up a minimal amount of clearance and the ride quality improved 1000%. I've had em for about 15,000 milees now and they're the best $100 I've spent on my Jeep.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for all the input. After I install my lift I will have to verify the measurement between the frame and bottom of the spring. They recommend only using them if the distance is 7" or more. Just curious what your measurement was before you installed the brackets?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks I'm trying to put together a good low budget but quality system.
Well, if you are considering these brackets and you need 3" or more of lift, why not just get the AEV kit complete? You will have to buy springs and shocks anyway, so unless you are buying cheap springs and cheap shocks (as an upgrade? ) then you will benefit from the kit. Which includes the geometry correcting brackets and the rest of the things you will need anyway. I have the AEV 3.5" kit and it rides great.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WCDAVE

Well, if you are considering these brackets and you need 3" or more of lift, why not just get the AEV kit complete? You will have to buy springs and shocks anyway, so unless you are buying cheap springs and cheap shocks (as an upgrade? ) then you will benefit from the kit. Which includes the geometry correcting brackets and the rest of the things you will need anyway. I have the AEV 3.5" kit and it rides great.
I should receive a set of 2.5" rock crawler springs in a few days. I don't know how much lift to expect from them because it seems like every spring lift I have read about actually result in more lift than advertised. I also have a set of bilstein 2.5-3" lift shocks.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

I should receive a set of 2.5" rock crawler springs in a few days. I don't know how much lift to expect from them because it seems like every spring lift I have read about actually result in more lift than advertised. I also have a set of bilstein 2.5-3" lift shocks.
Ah, OK, well then the geometry kit is probably not applicable to your use. Good luck with the lift and build.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used the AEV control arm brackets?