Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has Anyone installed Crown brakelines?

Old 03-01-2011, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Anyone installed Crown brakelines?

I recently recieved my crown brakelines, but it appears that they are all different , there is no paperwork showing which one goes where. Is it self explanatory once the stockers are pulled off and compare?
Old 03-01-2011, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The longer ones go in front and the fitting will only go on one way. So there is a definite left and right side.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems from what I remember they are the same with the only difference being the way the 90 deg elbow points (away from the caliper). I guess im getting old and forgetful, what was I saying?

I got the rear with my RK lift and ordered the fronts later. Do you have front, rear or both?

Last edited by YingYang; 03-01-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where the front ones connect to the caliper, the hard line portion leans in towards the motor.

Pick yourself up a banjo bolt or two from the dealership ($3 each). I had my torque wrench set way lower that the spec, and the last one stripped off. We did my buddies next, and just tightened them down enough to start to crush the copper washer. If there are no leaks, you're good. Just give them a once over every oil change.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the info! I just Knocked them out it was pretty easy they mounted just like you all said with the rears being the shorther ones and identical, on the fronts the hard line elbow of the banjo angled inboard. I just wish there were more mounting options for the L-brackets it seems i will have to drill new mounting holes for a couple of them to get the lines how I want them but for now they are good to go. Cant wait to flex it out now as i was afraid to after the lift and sway bar links, as the lines would get really tight.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

Good to know because I'm fixing to order some!

Quick Reply: Has Anyone installed Crown brakelines?