Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone installed a B&M hitek 70297 transmission cooler?

Old 07-07-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed a B&M hitek 70297 transmission cooler?

I installed an aeroforce gauge and my tranny is running hot at 212 when going uphill on the highway in 2 wheel drive. I have not yet been offroad since installng the aeroforce gauge but I am assuming that I will be running hot.

In searching the oldosts, I understand that the B&M 70268 fits easily between the radiator and the grill but has no cooling fan.

Has anyone installed a B&M Hik 70297 transmission cooler? It is 3.5 inches thick but does have a fan.

Has anyone installed the Translife cooler that was written up in the JP magazine? How does that differ from the B&M?

Thanks.

Ron
Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump.....
debating getting this as well......
some one must have some input
Old 07-19-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rrliljedahl
I installed an aeroforce gauge and my tranny is running hot at 212 when going uphill on the highway in 2 wheel drive. I have not yet been offroad since installng the aeroforce gauge but I am assuming that I will be running hot.

In searching the oldosts, I understand that the B&M 70268 fits easily between the radiator and the grill but has no cooling fan.

Has anyone installed a B&M Hik 70297 transmission cooler? It is 3.5 inches thick but does have a fan.

Has anyone installed the Translife cooler that was written up in the JP magazine? How does that differ from the B&M?

Thanks.

Ron
According to the B&M website, the stacked plate design of the B&M 70268 SuperCooler, cools better than a comparable sized Tube & Fin design. The Translife cooler (tube & fin design) in the recent JP magazine article, is much larger than the 70268, so it may cool the same.

According to the Hayden website, their Rapid Cool, Plate & Fin cooler (similar to the B&M 70268) is
"33% MORE EFFICIENT THAN A COMPARABLE TUBE AND FIN DESIGN."
http://www.haydenauto.com/upload/Hay...il-coolers.pdf

Check out this install of the B&M SuperCooler #70268 in a JK.

B&M SuperCooler Install JK Wrangler

There have been numerous posts on many of the Jeep Forums about installing the B&M 70268 SuperCooler in JK's, and the consensus is that it is the perfect size for a JK, and does a great job cooling the transmission.

Mabar

Last edited by mabar; 07-20-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks man, much appreciated.
This is why i come to this forum.
Good people with real honest answers.
Old 08-07-2011, 02:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I have installed the big B&M with the integral fan and have recomended it to a ton of people. It has knocked my trans temps down from 50 to 70 degrees in tough, hot situations (same trail - same speed - same temp outside). I would not install anything but this big beast if you wheel in hot temps. In addition it helps the engine run cooler. Most of the time when wheeling my trans temp is in the 160 to 180 range and my engine runs about 10-15 degrees cooler than when the trans got up in the 230 to 250 range. I have a Scan Gauge and saw the trans temps both before and after the cooler. If you don't want to invest in a trans cooler *never* wheel in 4Hi when it's hot!

Everybody i know who has installed a Scan gauge and actually seen how hot these automatics run has installed a tranny cooler.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed a B&M hitek 70297 transmission cooler?