Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone install TeraFlex 3" LCG Long Arm Suspension.

Old 02-03-2012 | 06:06 PM
JK Newbie

Default Has anyone install TeraFlex 3" LCG Long Arm Suspension.

Am thinking of installing TeraFlex 3" LCG Long Arm Suspension. Need input. If you have this setup. Is it everything you thought it would be? Or if you don't have this setup would you consider it and why?
Old 02-03-2012 | 07:07 PM
JK Freak

This is my current lift. You will need a buddy that can weld good because the lower control arm brackets have to be cut off and new brackets welded on. There is one bolt by the fuel tank that has to be cut off for removal. Other than that the installation is straight forward. Plan to spend some time on the install. We started Friday night and finished Saturday evening.

The ride on the highway is great. Took a couple tries to get it dialed in but once we got right it handles well. I have not taken it on any serious trails since the lifts. Just some country dirt roads and mud. I can already tell she has a ton of flex just playing around in the woods.

I have no regrets. To top if off it does look nice seeing those big control arms up underneath her.

By the way I am a retired 11B. I assume that is what your user is referring to.

Last edited by SergeantChuck; 02-03-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2012 | 03:39 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the input Sergeant Chuck

Glade to hear some one has this setup. Yes you have to be good with a torch and a good wield to make this happen. Ones you start cutting there's no turning back. I'm going to have Jeff's Jeep Yard do the work, I'm not that good. There is an 5 or 6 part video on YouTube about the install. Did you add driveshafts? I like the idea of this lift because if I want to go with bigger tires in the future,it's no big deal. I like the look and yes I think you get better flex and will have an even better ride.

As for the Ground Pounder. Sorry not B11. Just been pounding the ground ever since I was 16. Not live in one place for long. My father said I had itchy feet.

Quick Reply: Has anyone install TeraFlex 3" LCG Long Arm Suspension.