Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone heard of a 'joust' bolt?

Old 12-11-2012, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea, was just reading about the jounce bumper, which doesn't seem to be held by a bolt. However, some indicate that the cup holding the bumper is held with a bolt.
Yet, the possibility that the dealer mistorqued a bolt last time and just fixed it now is also valid.

I will be re-torquing all the bolts to spec myself sometime soon.

Thanks guys for all the input, always appreciated!
Old 12-11-2012, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceninja
Yea, was just reading about the jounce bumper, which doesn't seem to be held by a bolt. However, some indicate that the cup holding the bumper is held with a bolt.
Yet, the possibility that the dealer mistorqued a bolt last time and just fixed it now is also valid.

I will be re-torquing all the bolts to spec myself sometime soon.

Thanks guys for all the input, always appreciated!

So, looks like the jounce holder cup has a bolt that should be torqued to 31 Ft. Lbs. I wonder if that's what they replaced. Yet again, not sure why and how that bolt would break, unless they had to take it out for some reason during lift install... which doesn't sound a necessary step... oh well.

Quick Reply: Has anyone heard of a 'joust' bolt?