Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anyone added AC

Old 06-14-2015, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone added AC

I have a 2011 JK sport without AC. While this has been an issue that maybe changing. Has anyone added AC?
Old 06-14-2015, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Thankfully A/C was the one option I got..I imagine it won't be cheap to add though. Good luck, I'm sure it'll be worth it!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I read somewhere that it's very difficult and expensive to do so.

Take no offense but economically, I would check my trade in value against a 2012 or newer and consider trading.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:15 PM
JK Newbie

I added factory air to my 2008 JKU. Got it from Arizona Air. Good complete unit. If you are not an experienced tech would not advise to try. You have to pull center console complete dash and steering wheel, battery box and most of the electrical harness, radiator and fan, and top half of intake.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by goaterguy
I read somewhere that it's very difficult and expensive to do so. Take no offense but economically, I would check my trade in value against a 2012 or newer and consider trading.
Trust me I hear you but I have way too much into this jeep that selling or trading is not an option. I love it the way it is just looking to add a comfort factor. By the time I get this sorted out it will likely be fall and I won't consider it. At least not until next summer again. Lol
Old 06-16-2015, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by steelman
I added factory air to my 2008 JKU. Got it from Arizona Air. Good complete unit. If you are not an experienced tech would not advise to try. You have to pull center console complete dash and steering wheel, battery box and most of the electrical harness, radiator and fan, and top half of intake.
Thanks I'll check it out. I have no problems handling the install.

Quick Reply: Has anyone added AC