Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Has anybody relocated the Rear Spring bracket to sit 2~4in higher on stock JK?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anybody relocated the Rear Spring bracket to sit 2~4in higher on stock JK?

I saw RockCrawler, EVO, and MetalCloak offer this a weld on/bolt on kit that raises the rear shock mount a couple inches.

Does anybody run this on stock suspension lift?
What did you change? bumpstops?
how does it ride?
any pictures?

Thank you,
bigC
Old 10-25-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Evo Rockstars do not do anything with regard to the springs. They simply provide a skid surface below the mounting location for the axle end of the rear lower control arms. Additionally, it raises the bottom of the rear shock mount by 1.5 inches and also beefs up the LCA mount location.

What this means is that if u have no lift, your stock shocks will bottom out in a flex situation. This is not good and will lead to shock failure.

So, the Evo Rockstars are really intended to be used when a lift is involved. If you have stock shocks, you would need to lift the Jeep 1.5 inches in order to not bottom out, assuming your bump stopped appropriately.

I have the Evo Rockstars. I put them on before I lifted my jeep. However, I knew I would lift it before I went offroad.

When you do the lift, you need to take into account the 1.5 inch measurement when you go to get new rear shocks. Just let the vendor know the amount of lift your doing and for the rear shocks, make sure they know that your shock mounting location is 1.5 inches higher than stock....otherwise you might end up buying some nice shocks, then ruining them on your first off road trip due to them bottoming out.

Good luck with your build.

Quick Reply: Has anybody relocated the Rear Spring bracket to sit 2~4in higher on stock JK?