Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Harsh ride, springs or shocks?

Old 01-22-2014, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am experiencing the same thing with my 3" Synergy springs. The front feels perfect but the rear almost feels like it is "hopping" with defects in the road instead of soaking them up. I have a 37x12.50 x17 Goodyear MTR on a TF Tire carrier with no rear bumper and nothing in the back of my 4 door. I am running Bilstein 5100's as well. I am going to add some trail tools and weight in the back and drive around and see if I notice a difference. Maybe softer shocks are in order?
Old 01-22-2014, 05:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeeperjkjeeper
I am experiencing the same thing with my 3" Synergy springs. The front feels perfect but the rear almost feels like it is "hopping" with defects in the road instead of soaking them up. I have a 37x12.50 x17 Goodyear MTR on a TF Tire carrier with no rear bumper and nothing in the back of my 4 door. I am running Bilstein 5100's as well. I am going to add some trail tools and weight in the back and drive around and see if I notice a difference. Maybe softer shocks are in order?
Are these the coils you just swapped in last weekend? What did you have on before?

Should have left my soft top in the back to weigh it down!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by holaCG
Are these the coils you just swapped in last weekend? What did you have on before?

Should have left my soft top in the back to weigh it down!!!
yup...those are the ones....previously I was running stock rubi coils with the TF 2.5" BB Spacer.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems most people say the Synergy coils have a pretty smooth ride. The Bilsteins though are a little bit of the stiffer side when ran with a lighter rig. If putting weight in the Jeep makes the ride any better, I'd say it's possibly the shocks.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

they seem to handle the "dips" nicely but not so much when I encounter "bumps" such as parking lot speed bumps or curbs if that makes any sense

Quick Reply: Harsh ride, springs or shocks?