Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Harnesses

Old 10-30-2011, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harnesses

Those of you that have harnesses in your rig. How did you mount the lap belts? Is there a way that you can mount them properly without many modifications?
Old 10-30-2011, 04:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigljking
Those of you that have harnesses in your rig. How did you mount the lap belts? Is there a way that you can mount them properly without many modifications?
I guess I need to get my mind out of the gutter....I saw "harnesses" and jumped right in.....
Old 10-30-2011, 04:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Just so I'm on the right track, you wish to change your lap and shoulder belts to just lap belts? If so, I don't think you can legally do it. I notice you're in Maine: I know of their safety inspections and I believe they will fail you. If I'm correct, and I could be wrong, it is illegal to change factory installed shoulder and lap belts to just lap belts.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 AM
JK Newbie

You're definitely not on the right track. .

Pretty sure the OP wants to know where to mount the lap belts on a 5 point harness.

I've seen them mounted to the section of the cage that is under the seats. If you don't have a cage, you probably don't need a harness. Check your local laws, if this is a street driven rig, you may not be able to pull the factory belts out at all.

Give a little more info. What are you mounting the shoulder straps to? You need a cross bar behind the seat for that.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm looking to add 5 points for when I'm on the trail. I plan on keeping the factory belts for every day use as one poster pointed out I am in Maine and the inspection standards here are pretty damn strict. I'm a police officer here and I still don't agree with a lot of the inspection standards. When I do install them I'll be adding the rockhard harness bar behind the seats as well.
Old 10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I mounted mine to the supplied bracket on the driver size and just used the factory locations on the passenger side since I reused the factory seat mount so I could retain the air bag electronics. If I had to do it all again I would simply use the factory brackets on the driver side as well. As mentioned the mounting of the shoulder straps are very important, they are best done with a bar behind the seat like the one rock hard makes.
Can you add some pics on how you mounted yours?

Quick Reply: Harnesses