Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

harness

Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default harness

ok I am thinking about getting some mastercraft baja rs seats for me for xmas time. I have been looking at different seatbelt harnesses also. I think id hate myself if I go with a bar in the back of the seats and any 4 or 5 point harness. There have been moments even though the jeep seats suck but I do like to fold the seats back and take a nap haha. OK anyway I found these I wanna know if anyone has thrown these in?

Corbeau 3-Point Retractable Harness Belt 2" Black Bolt-In

Corbeau 2 Inch 3-Point Retractable Harness Belts are a result of Corbeau's dedication to innovation and style. This unique harness belt has raised the bar as it pertains to user friendliness. We know how uncomfortable and annoying it can be to use harness belts in your daily driver. Once you are strapped in a harness belt, there is little to no moving around. With that in mind Corbeau designed the Retractable Harness Belt. This harness belt features an inertia reel, which allows your harness belt to function like your stock belt. That means you can still move around but it will lock under sudden movement or jolt. It also features an on-off switch, which allows you to turn the retracting option off so your belt will function as a full time harness belt.

In addition, the Retractable Harness Belt has the double release feature, which allows you to disconnect the front shoulder straps from the rear tail strap. This feature allows for easy access to the rear seat as you can disconnect that rear strap without taking the belts out. They also have the rare ability to be bolted to all your factory provided mounting points. What that means is all the hardware was manufactured to bolt right up to your factory bolt holes. In most cases, no drilling or modifications are necessary, they just bolt right in. Corbeau Retractable Harness belts are available in a 3 point, bolt-in style only. Each harness belt is manufactured with pressure reducing waist pads to provide extra comfort.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

IMO, harnesses and bucket seats are great if you wheel the Jeep hard and have the potential of a roll over. Otherwise, it's overkill for the street.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

I figured this might be a good middle ground since I don't get crazy but will probably get aftermarket seats. Just wondering if anyone has used these in a jk or other truck perhaps
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

WOL has installed the Mastercraft ones in his JK if you search his threads. Need the seats and the JK brackets for both sides. As far as the harness goes, the only safe way to mount it is with the crossbar behind the seats. You need to have the harness attachment close to parallel with the "holes" on the seats where the harness enters into. Having them down low, like some people do, is downright dangerous in the event of a roll over.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I agree. The seats are one thing, since they can go a long way towards improving comfort and holding you in place over the rough stuff, but the harnesses can be a real pain to constantly get in and out of, if this is your dd.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/mastercraft-baja-rs-suspension-seats-installation-write-up-100543/
Old 10-30-2009, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

ok I looked more into this and even got a reply from carabu though it actually caused more ?s. You can look at there website I missed it they have these retractable harness in a 4 door. Now it looks like they have the retractor back belt bolted to the rear seat bottom bolt. This like stated above is not a super low but still a low point maybe 35 degrees down. They state do not install anything over 45 Degrees.. I was looking in my 2 door BTW I do not run rear seats at all. Can you just go off the top seatbelt bolt? I have never heard of anyone going up with a harness. Its not a horrable angle either. Is it safe or even worse? to do that?

Quick Reply: harness