Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hard top luggage rack.

Old 01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard top luggage rack.

I'm looking for a way to mount a basket to my hard top. I don't plan on putting anything heavy up there (clothes mostly) just need the space to be able to take the JK to the Outer Banks For vacation. I know it say's you can't put a load on the Hard top but I've seen racks on hard top's before. Has anyone done this ? Thanx.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:28 PM
JK Freak

Don't know if you can buy one that is a simple bolt on, but with a little imagination, anything is possible.

Old 01-21-2007, 02:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by woolf
Don't know if you can buy one that is a simple bolt on, but with a little imagination, anything is possible.

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I want to do. Great pics.

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-21-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Hooked

Default Is that Kilby?

Went to Kilby and they are not showing that rack yet. Been trying to figure out how I can manufacture some roof mounts for a rack so that the thing doesn't stick up 6" high like when you mount one to the stock luggage rack.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks pretty good! With axes and shovels it might make it difficult to pick up woman. Scare em off. Might want to throw a roll of duct tape up there too.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

It would be difficult to pick up women!! Most gold diggers already have their own picks and shovels and don't want competition!
Old 01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
JK Freak

Had some more time to check it out. Turns out that rack is a defender rack. Everything you need is right here. http://www.offroadunlimited.com/Prod...95&pageStyle=P
Old 01-22-2007, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Personally, I would avoid the roof mounted rack. Go for an "expedition" style rack like posted earlier at http://www.offroadunlimited.com/Prod...95&pageStyle=P .

Don't know if any of those are ready for the JK yet, but you will be able to use it with the soft top or top-off.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jeephrog
Personally, I would avoid the roof mounted rack. Go for an "expedition" style rack like posted earlier at http://www.offroadunlimited.com/Prod...95&pageStyle=P .

Don't know if any of those are ready for the JK yet, but you will be able to use it with the soft top or top-off.
For some reason I just don't dig the expedition rack. I love the hardtop and rollbr mounted ones though. To each their own I guess.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by woolf
For some reason I just don't dig the expedition rack. I love the hardtop and rollbr mounted ones though. To each their own I guess.
Well, I actually like the look of the top mounted ones and the roll bar mounted ones better, too. It's just a matter of the functionality for me.

Best of luck getting the basket on top though, it will definitely look cool

Quick Reply: Hard top luggage rack.