Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

hard top hoist

Old 05-30-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking at where I want to mount something and decided the shop would be a lot better than the garage. However that leaves me with a single mounting point option due to the design of the shop.

Anyone use something like this?

http://www.harborfreight.com/110-vol...rol-40765.html

Seems like it would work well and then I could also use it to lift my mower and who knows if I think of other uses.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-31-2013, 02:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idiotec
I've been looking at where I want to mount something and decided the shop would be a lot better than the garage. However that leaves me with a single mounting point option due to the design of the shop.

Anyone use something like this?

Electric Hoist Winch w/ Remote - 110V, 440 Lb. Capacity

Seems like it would work well and then I could also use it to lift my mower and who knows if I think of other uses.

Any thoughts?

^I'd like to know this too
Old 05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by n3tfury
^I'd like to know this too
I have one, just purchased it recently, got tired of using the manual variety hoist. Pulled the roof off and back on by myself using it. It's not the most sensitive trigger switch but it served it's purpose. If you can get it during one of their "super coupon" ad events, it's an even better deal.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dstock

I have one, just purchased it recently, got tired of using the manual variety hoist. Pulled the roof off and back on by myself using it. It's not the most sensitive trigger switch but it served it's purpose. If you can get it during one of their "super coupon" ad events, it's an even better deal.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Can you expand on the remote sensitivity?
Old 06-16-2013, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the racor lift in my garage tonight. Got the top up in the air and it feels solid. Question for those who've installed the racor... Did you replace any of the hardware? I read some reviews (after putting it up) and a lot of people mentioned that they changed out the lag bolts. This has made me a bit paranoid so I'm looking to hear from someone who installed it with the supplied hardware and hasn't had any problems.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:16 AM
JK Newbie

I made my own electrical for about$200. I've got to replace the straps as the ones I have are way too long. I mounted it on a 10' pipe so I can slide it between bays in my garage.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130617_071509.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	468916   Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130617_071540.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	468917  
Old 06-18-2013, 11:35 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by homeless
I just installed the racor lift in my garage tonight. Got the top up in the air and it feels solid. Question for those who've installed the racor... Did you replace any of the hardware? I read some reviews (after putting it up) and a lot of people mentioned that they changed out the lag bolts. This has made me a bit paranoid so I'm looking to hear from someone who installed it with the supplied hardware and hasn't had any problems.
I put up a racor lift too. I drilled a hole in between each lag bolt hole and zapped 3.5" deck screws in there. Along side the lag bolts it is rock solid! I hung from it and swung back and forth and had no issues. My top stayed in the lock position above my jeep for a week before it started to rain again with no issues.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by idiotec
Awesome, thanks for the info. Can you expand on the remote sensitivity?
It's not super sensitive but it shuts off fairly quickly, I use one hand on the remote and the other on the top to guide it into place. It actually comes with a pulley to double the lifting capacity, which I may do not for the capacity but it seems like it would slow down the speed of the winch if that makes sense?
Old 06-23-2013, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by oriffx
Get the Lange hard top hoist. Works great.
Can you tell us about those red straps?
Old 06-23-2013, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by homeless
No problems with the hardware on mine.

Quick Reply: hard top hoist