Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Hi Lift Jack Mount
Front Bumper
9.09%
Hood
18.18%
Roof
0%
On the side
0%
Tire Carrier
45.45%
Rear Bumper
27.27%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Jack Sale.. Is it a good deal?

Old 03-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People have been using their grandfather's 50 year old hi-lift jack and they still work. Can't be said about Harbor Freight or any of the clones out there. For the minimal difference in price, get the tried and true original. If you need parts for it, you can get them easily. Need parts for the clones, you have to buy a whole new jack. I'm biased because we're a stocking dealer for them, friends with them and have wheeled with the guys. They give back to the offroad community. Can't say I've ever seen Harbor Freight support an offroad event.

Not to say HF is the devil... I've bought plenty over the last several years from there, but their farm jack doesn't compare.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:55 AM
JK Newbie

Haven't heard much about the harbor freight high lifts. But if you don't want to spend the money for the high lift brand go to tractor supply and get one of their farm jacks. They work well.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a harbor freight hi lift and it works just fine. I have used it a bunch and its never failed me once.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by c4bus
I got a harbor freight hi lift in my jeep. Been using it just over 2 years with no problems. As long as you inspect it regularly, keep it out of the elements, and maintain it. It should be fine the only weak point I can see it the bolt on the very bottom holding the track to the base. But you easily swap out a grade 8 in there for about $3.
Completely agree with this post. I replace the bottom bolt and it works perfectly. I use it plenty since my house is everyone's garage to wrench in.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just picked up a new Hi-Lift 42" that will sit on my Teraflex Hi-Lift-Rotopax mount on my TF Hinged tire carrier. Reason for the 42" is that it will not stick up above the top of my jeep and I can still get into the garage. I found the 42" on Ebay for 75.00 with free shipping. Harbor Freight mostly carries throw away tools that work in a pinch but wont be around long. If your needing something dependable like a jack I'd stay with a brand name USA made.

Quick Reply: Harbor Freight Hi-Lift Jack Sale.. Is it a good deal?