Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hansen, LoD or Rock hard rear bumper and tire carrier.

Old 03-19-2011, 05:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sunshadw

I have the Hanson unit. Only time I've attached the cans was for the photo, as I'm fortunate to have plenty of 'wheelin' close by.
A couple of concerns with the carrier:
The center latch on the tailgate hangs up and is hard to release without a simultaneous shove on the tire.
The top basket legs can move up and down on their attachment posts, without the can weight, and cause a rattle on washboard roads. I've had to wire mine down.
One other minor thing. If you add the top basket, cut off the CB mount tab. There already is one on the tire carrier, and the double thickness doesn't work with a Firestick.
The bumper is great and gives me quite a bit of clearance.
That looks awesome. Thanks for your input.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

No one with the LoD to reply......
Guess i have 2 to choose from now.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the LoD front and rears. They are both great. The only problem I have is not the bumper but the hi-jack that is attached to the bumper. It rattles to much when I hit bumps.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I dont have the new lod yet, but it should be here in two weeks? I love my lod sliders. Call Chris at lod if you have questions about it, he is great to work with over the phone.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:14 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rtbksmith
I have the LoD front and rears. They are both great. The only problem I have is not the bumper but the hi-jack that is attached to the bumper. It rattles to much when I hit bumps.
I run the LoD and it is a great bullet proof bumper. The racks and can holders give you alot of options. The rattle on the high lift can be fixed with a couple of rubber washers from your hardware store.

I have also resently seen the new Hanson bumber on several jeeps here and it's a really nice design. I also really like the new GenRight bumper in Aluminum if you don'r need the jerry cans racks.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KenB1010

I run the LoD and it is a great bullet proof bumper. The racks and can holders give you alot of options. The rattle on the high lift can be fixed with a couple of rubber washers from your hardware store.

I have also resently seen the new Hanson bumber on several jeeps here and it's a really nice design. I also really like the new GenRight bumper in Aluminum if you don'r need the jerry cans racks.
It is the base plate on the hi-jack that rattles. I don't know how a few washers would fix that. The bumper is very solid and I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks LoD friends. They all look great but its nice to hear from people who have hands on experience.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KenB1010

Does anyone have any pics of their LoD bumper?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

It is the base plate on the hi-jack that rattles. I don't know how a few washers would fix that. The bumper is very solid and I would recommend it to anyone.
Hanson detached my baseplate for tailight clearance, and mounted it on the middle of the tire rack.
Might help if possible in your case.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oops, I didn't read your post correctly. I keep my base plate in my recovery bag. It rattled so much that I thought it mite come off and go through someones windshield.

Quick Reply: Hansen, LoD or Rock hard rear bumper and tire carrier.