Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Hankook ATM Tire experience?

Old 04-10-2015, 12:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hankook ATM Tire experience?

Can anyone share their experience with Hankook ATM tires. There is a really good price at Discount Tire for 285/70r17 tires but they are 10 ply load range E. Jeep is used on trails, gravel roads and mud roads but mostly it's used on pavement. Did you feel the Tires were too stiff even at around 30 psi for a smooth ride (relative term in a jeep)? Jeep has an AEV dual sport lift which surprisingly really helped with the ride (no more jarring my teeth) and I would like to keep it that way. Currently running the OEM Goodyear SRA tires. Tks
Old 04-10-2015, 03:47 AM
JK Newbie

I've had that Size and model of Hankook on my '13 2dr for 13000 miles and it has been a great tire. I'm happy enough with them that I'll replace them with the same tire unless I decide to get an MT in which case I'll stay with Hankook. The AT seems to be the tire of choice for the oilfield pickups around the area where I live, I see a bunch of those trucks running them.
Old 04-10-2015, 05:14 AM
JK Newbie

I have these tires in 315/70/17 on my 4dr. I really like them, they are a good driving tire in a sense that they produce almost no road noise. I like the pattern they have on the side so it makes them look a little aggressive. Sometimes I wish I would have gone with mud tires for the meatier look but I am happy with these.
Old 04-10-2015, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Im an Assistant Manager at a Discount tire and have some experience with those tires.
Customer feedback has been pretty good in regards to ride and wet weather traction on the roads.
They're pretty hard for an All terrain tire With really tight tread blocks. I can't imagine off road it would be to great.
Also they don't tend to reach thier mileage guarantee around here.

Quick Reply: Hankook ATM Tire experience?