Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Half/Tube Doors - lets hear it...

Old 02-20-2012, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

...I have the Rugged Ridge Tube Doors...great doors...No Rattle...just picked up a pair of oem mirrors to permanently leave on the doors....Cannot wait for the Weather to warm up...
Old 04-27-2013, 11:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kalamari
I ordered up some Smittybilt tube doors. I LOVE going doorless but it's illegal in my province. I figure a tube door should be considered a door. It does say "door" right in the name. Tubes are as close to doorless as I can get. Legally. Now I have to find some mirrors so I can avoid that ticket too. Half doors look sweet but I want to be as open as possible. Either way you should get better visibility on the trail than you would with a full door.
I have the Smittybilt half tube doors and like them fine. I did not want to remount stock mirrors to them each time so I found a set of truck mirrors at the local swap meet for $2.00. I cut off the lower section of each side and used just the top bracket to mount to the Smitty doors. It works well and allows me to fold in the mirrors if the trail gets narrow. These mirrors have a swivel built into them that locks back into the outward position for normal use.

Quick Reply: Half/Tube Doors - lets hear it...