Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Half/Tube Doors - lets hear it...

Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jk-tony
No real reason. Just doing some ball busting I suppose lol. I was looking at a couple sets myself, until I realized how much people charge for some bent steel welded together. I'm currently making my own, just need to engineer some hinges and latches. I will throw up some pics when they're done hopefully in a couple weeks.
Which is why I was looking at the half doors by rugged ridge or strike force too cause there is a little more to it than bent steel tubing. Its an actual door ya know?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever had half doors? I haven't, but a friend of mine has them on his TJ, for about 2 years now, and they don't leak, but the upper parts flap really bad when they're on. Not sure if jk uppers have this issue, or if he just has cheap-o's, but they're annoying.

I've been thinking of a removable part to the tube doors I'm building to make it a true half door, without a place to mount uppers, but getting it to seal while still being removable is proving to be quite a pain in the a$$. Only reason I want it to seal is for possible water crossing and not filling the floor pan with water.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
JK Freak

here is the hinge bolts im going to take off right now and start looking for black bolts....the 2 hinge bolts and the big bolt that connects the doors to the jeep hinge

and here is the zipper pouch...this pic is upside down )

Last edited by Bamoman; 02-17-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Have you ever had half doors? I haven't, but a friend of mine has them on his TJ, for about 2 years now, and they don't leak, but the upper parts flap really bad when they're on. Not sure if jk uppers have this issue, or if he just has cheap-o's, but they're annoying.

I've been thinking of a removable part to the tube doors I'm building to make it a true half door, without a place to mount uppers, but getting it to seal while still being removable is proving to be quite a pain in the a$$. Only reason I want it to seal is for possible water crossing and not filling the floor pan with water.
Nope, never had half doors.... only ran doorless. I'm thinking about em and guess I can say I'm trying to have you guys sell me on 'em.... haha
Old 02-17-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet. Could you just paint the bolt head and nut?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC

Nope, never had half doors.... only ran doorless. I'm thinking about em and guess I can say I'm trying to have you guys sell me on 'em.... haha
I'm a huge fan of doorless, I'm mainly building some for my GF as she get a little shakey on the highway. But they do look cool though.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

I have OR-Fab doors and they're amazing. I go doorless too around town but when I head up into the mountains thats when I bolt them on
Old 02-17-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Sweet. Could you just paint the bolt head and nut?
yea that would be the easiest thang to do....but i do think you would be touching them up alot as you use a wrench on top and bottom on the big bolt everytime you put them on and take them off
Old 02-17-2012, 06:04 PM
JK Junkie

I'm a huge fan of doorless, I'm mainly building some for my GF as she get a little shakey on the highway. But they do look cool though.
Me too, I love running doorless, but I also like the look of the half doors as well... haha... then you have the price aspect...tubes are a little cheaper than the half doors by RR or the strike force ones...
Old 02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hagausaf
I have OR-Fab doors and they're amazing. I go doorless too around town but when I head up into the mountains thats when I bolt them on
yea the wife wont get in w/o doors so i got the Orfabs for her but then again, we saw a gator on the side of the road and she reached over and locked her door im like...honey, i dont think he has a thumb

Quick Reply: Half/Tube Doors - lets hear it...