Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Half a lift quandry

Old 01-26-2016, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half a lift quandry

Thanks in advance.
I installed only the front HD Old Man Emu springs and extended Billstein shocks, so now it's obvious I need to do the same in the rear. I've noticed that the 2" OME lift kit comes with 2 front coil trim spacers and 1 track bar extension bracket.
Where and what is this track bar and do I really need to install the front coil trim spacers? I got the front springs and shocks installed using brute strength and ignorance, but I'd like to avoid repeating it if it's not necessary.

The Jeep is a 12 Sahara. 4 door.

Last edited by Tomsryt; 01-26-2016 at 06:41 AM. Reason: added 4 door
Old 01-26-2016, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

not sure about the trim spaces for the front coils. My questions are the trim spaces or bump stop extensions. When I did my 3 inch Plush ride coils I had to install bump stop extensions to keep from bottoming out the shocks. As for the track bar bracket, yes I would install it because it will recenter your axle and keep you from crabbing down the road. It is not that noticeable with 2 inches of lift but if you measure the exposed tread on the passenger side versus the drivers you will see a difference. The track bar bracket will make them match.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Track bar bracket goes in the rear, TB front.
My guess is the trim spacers even out the common JK lean ?
Old 01-27-2016, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not need to use the front coil spacers with my OME HD springs. They can be used if you find that you have rake that you don't like. My jeep with heavy front bumper and rear bumper/tire carrier sits level without them. Your setup will determine if you need them. Since the front is already done I'd install the rear springs and see how it looks to you.
Old 01-27-2016, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ScottW
I did not need to use the front coil spacers with my OME HD springs. They can be used if you find that you have rake that you don't like. My jeep with heavy front bumper and rear bumper/tire carrier sits level without them. Your setup will determine if you need them. Since the front is already done I'd install the rear springs and see how it looks to you.
That is what I was hoping, thank you all.

Quick Reply: Half a lift quandry