Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Half a leveling kit ????????

Old 06-04-2014, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half a leveling kit ????????

I know this may sound rediculous to many of you, but I just installed 285/70/17's on my stock JK. I really like the way it fills the wheel wells. This JK very rarely goes off road Since it is my wifes daily driver. I have purchased a Tera Flex leveling kit but Im thinking it wont look as good with the lift, so I was wondering if anyone has taken the rear spacers from the kit, and put them on the front of the JK to level it and not use the taller rear spacers at all?????? Sound crazy? Can you see any problems with doing this???
Old 06-04-2014, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rear spacers won't work on the front (should be pretty obvious just looking at them). Best bet is to return it and get 1/2" front spacers and be done. That will take the rake out.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lefty14
I know this may sound rediculous to many of you, but I just installed 285/70/17's on my stock JK. I really like the way it fills the wheel wells. This JK very rarely goes off road Since it is my wifes daily driver. I have purchased a Tera Flex leveling kit but Im thinking it wont look as good with the lift, so I was wondering if anyone has taken the rear spacers from the kit, and put them on the front of the JK to level it and not use the taller rear spacers at all?????? Sound crazy? Can you see any problems with doing this???
The front and rear spacers are spring specific. The springs are very different in diameter. I think what your asking is just running spacers in the front? I'm sure this has been done and can be done with little effort. The front spacers are much easier to install than the rears.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:07 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Just buy ???????? the front spacers ?????? not the entire ??????? leveling kit.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

The kit stacks two one inch spacers on the front springs and single one inch spacers on the rear springs. Return the kit and order one inch spring spacers for the front springs. Save some money.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ncb
The kit stacks two one inch spacers on the front springs and single one inch spacers on the rear springs. Return the kit and order one inch spring spacers for the front springs. Save some money.
This would be the way to go.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. I did not even open the box on the leveling kit, so I didn't see that they are different. I will look into buying just the fronts.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lefty14
Thanks for the help. I did not even open the box on the leveling kit, so I didn't see that they are different. I will look into buying just the fronts.
Staying with a leveling kit or spacers is fine, Small mud tires that keep your mpg up and less stress on the jeep parts, and still look bad arse and function very well offroad is all you really need. I have a 2.5 lift and kinda wish i just got a leveling kit. You don't need a rk 3.5 lift with 35s like most jeepers do, in fact that's overkill. A real crawler would choose function over looks, Skid plates, Winch on stock bumper, stock bumper = less weight to most aftermarket bumpers or light weight stubby. This works great for daily drivers.

Last edited by forestJK; 06-04-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:39 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Or just buy some used from a member on here and save even more.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by forestJK
Staying with a leveling kit or spacers is fine, Small mud tires that keep your mpg up and less stress on the jeep parts, and still look bad arse and function very well offroad is all you really need. I have a 2.5 lift and kinda wish i just got a leveling kit. You don't need a rk 3.5 lift with 35s like most jeepers do, in fact that's overkill. A real crawler would choose function over looks, Skid plates, Winch on stock bumper, stock bumper = less weight to most aftermarket bumpers or light weight stubby. This works great for daily drivers.
I actually bought the leveling kit first, then the tires and wheels. Along with the wheel spacers. After putting the wheels, tires and spacers on, I really like the way it looks and now dont want to lift it, just take the rake out of it. I'm sure someone has done this already, thats why I asked for suggestions here. there is alot of knowledge in this forum!! I will post in the wanted section first before I buy new.

Quick Reply: Half a leveling kit ????????