Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Half doors to full doors/power windows

Old 11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half doors to full doors/power windows

I may be trading my full doors for a set of half doors if we can work out one problem. My full doors have power windows and obviously the half doors are not power anything. So what will he have to do to make the full doors with power windows work for him? I assume his jeep already has the switches on the dash right? Is it just a simple hook up and it works? I also JUST thought about locking and unlocking the jeep with the key.. Do people trade out locks also when they trade doors? I see people trade doors all the time but never the details I guess!
Old 11-09-2012, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If his Jeep came with half doors, it won't have the switches in the dash. I have half doors, the area between the vents (on an '07) is blank.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would imagine her would need the wiring harnesses for the switches and to the doors, maybe jeep pre-wired it for power to have universal wiring harness. I know my 13 sport has blank spots for parts my Rubicon has in the harness. Probably also some relays and fuses that tie in to the system. He might be able to wire it up manually with a couple relays and switches if he's remotely handy or have a car audio/alarm place do it for him.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ballsdeep
I would imagine her would need the wiring harnesses for the switches and to the doors, maybe jeep pre-wired it for power to have universal wiring harness. I know my 13 sport has blank spots for parts my Rubicon has in the harness. Probably also some relays and fuses that tie in to the system. He might be able to wire it up manually with a couple relays and switches if he's remotely handy or have a car audio/alarm place do it for him.
Ok I was not sure if it would have switches or not. I was hoping it would not be too difficult for them to do a trade. I thought it would be easy for him to make work being my wife once took her Base model Toyota Corolla to a car audio shop and they installed power windows in it for $150. Pretty cheap if you ask me! But it kinda sounds like it may be more trouble for him then he made willing to do. Plus I still don't know what people do about door locks when they trade?

Thanks everyone for your help

Quick Reply: Half doors to full doors/power windows