Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Half doors

Old 09-20-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Half doors

There are tubular ones, full steel and tubular with fabric cover. I somewhat understand the steel half doors. I really like the tubular with fabric - like the Body Armor trail doors... but what's the point of plain tubular doors? They don't keep dirt and mud out, they don't keep anything in necessarily. They may improve your changes in a broadside collision... maybe. Is it just for looks? Can anyone chime in on this?
Old 09-20-2011, 02:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Something like the Body Armor does help keep some rocks and other debris from coming into the cab (read "your leg"). I have a few dents in the doors from flipping up branches on the trail. So far none have clipped me when I had the doors off, but it is only a matter of time.

2. Because the wife feels a bit more secure looking over the edge of a cliff. When she's happy, well, you get the picture.

Personally, I prefer no doors.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For places that say "You must have doors"

To keep stuff in the jeep.
To keep other stuff out.
Piece of mind.
Armrest.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AZJeeper
1. Something like the Body Armor does help keep some rocks and other debris from coming into the cab (read "your leg"). I have a few dents in the doors from flipping up branches on the trail. So far none have clipped me when I had the doors off, but it is only a matter of time.

2. Because the wife feels a bit more secure looking over the edge of a cliff. When she's happy, well, you get the picture.

Personally, I prefer no doors.
#2 is a BIG reason why I had to get them. Otherwise, I run doorless.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More specifically, what's the use of non covered tubular half door? It's almost as exposed as doorless.

Quick Reply: Half doors