Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Half Door Solution

Old 03-26-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sharrko
I am not sure how well it would hold the pains. It's aluminum made to look like stainless steel.
I am just going to wait to win the lottery so i can order me factory half doors.
I think it's around $6000 for all 4. or something like this.
If you primed them and then painted them they should hold up well. I like those.
Not sure about the back ones being higher than the body - with the top off that might bother me.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by britjk
If you primed them and then painted them they should hold up well. I like those.
Not sure about the back ones being higher than the body - with the top off that might bother me.
Thank you for the " I like them". I still can't get used to them. And maybe this is because i am so sick of working on them. Took me 3 weeks, till i get all parts and put together. They come just a piece of metal, so it was a lot of furstration, and matching to get them to seal and everything. I am just sick of it, but maybe once i get used to them i would like them better.
Warrior could have spend a little more time on those.
If anyone plans on buying theese, let me know to send you a picture of the right rubber weather seal that goes around the door. I had to buy 6 packages till i get the right one. Each package is $30 but if you have the right one 2 will do it.
Still thinking of installing pockets on the inside or cup holders, but now i am so sick of it i don't even wana look at them. Just frustrated.
You do have a point on the rear standing higher then the body. I am not sure why they didn't match it with the hight of the body.

Last edited by sharrko; 03-26-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
So you're saying that the weatherstipping won't keep out rain? And from the pictures I didn't see any weatherstripping around the bottom of the doors but maybe I just can't see that well when it's black on black.
The weather stripping won't keep out your fingers let alone rain. It can be fixed to keep most of the rain out though.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone taken delivery or seen in person the 'Paintable Door Enclosure' ?

You know what it is made of ? I'm interested to see how easy and what type of finish it will be when painted to match ?

Cheers
Old 03-26-2009, 01:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by westchester
Has anyone taken delivery or seen in person the 'Paintable Door Enclosure' ?

You know what it is made of ? I'm interested to see how easy and what type of finish it will be when painted to match ?

Cheers
Quadratec told me they were made out of steel and that they had a black powdercoat on them that you could paint over.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

You mean... like these?

I painted this set myself with a bunch of rattle cans... then Bestop sent me a replacement set a few weeks ago and I will probably just pay to have them painted.

The new set is functionally exactly like the old set. The latches still aren't great. The seals still don't fit right. However, the holes for the uppers are drilled closer to in the right place which is much better. If you search for elements doors I have a few posts that are very detailed...

Bottom line... with these doors, your carpet will get wet in the foot wells. They aren't waterproof as much as water resistant. If you expect factory tight, don't get them. If you want something that works OK but not perfect, I really like them. The uppers lay flat in the back, which is one of the probllems I have with the stock half doors... the window cartridge is just too thick/big.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:54 PM
JK Newbie

Do you have to buy the tube doors for this to work?
Old 06-07-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

I just go doorless that is my solution
Old 06-07-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

I have all 4 tube doors, like them. Have the solid panels, too, but have not used them yet.
Did have to fool around with the 4 fabric pocket covers to get them to fit tight, but not hard
to do. Looking to buy the uppers soon. They 300 pound step at the bottom of the front
doors that is shown in their literature, do not exist for the JK models, bummer.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

how much were those?

Quick Reply: Half Door Solution