Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Which Tire should i buy?
Goodyear Wrangler MTR w/ Kevlar
57.14%
BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2
42.86%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

GY MTR's or BF Mud Terrain

Old 05-19-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GY MTR's or BF Mud Terrain

i need all the opinions i can get, i'm still deciding between the goodyear wrangler mtr with kevlar and the bf goodrich mud terrain km2. the size that i would get would be 33" and they are going on stock 17 rims. let me know what y'all think.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikegp
i need all the opinions i can get, i'm still deciding between the goodyear wrangler mtr with kevlar and the bf goodrich mud terrain km2. the size that i would get would be 33" and they are going on stock 17 rims. let me know what y'all think.
I don't have either of them, but I have wheeled with people that do run them and you really cant go wrong with either. I personally like the MTR/K's, just my . Good luck!

Mike
Old 05-19-2010, 11:34 PM
JK Junkie

Since I am already running the BFG KM2s on my Nissan Titan. I thought to give the GY kelvars a try...They look sweeeet I say go for the Good Years
Old 05-19-2010, 11:57 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

One thing to consider is which will perform better on snow/ice, since you happen to live up north a bit...

There are quite a few threads on both of those, I'd suggest browsing a bit to get some more first hand experiences. (judging by looks alone, I'd go km2 all the way. For driving in colorado winters, though, I'd lean toward the mtr/k.)
Old 05-20-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the BFG's a lot. They are nice on the road and in rock they are awesome. Great in Moab too. I have the OLD Goodyears on my Dodge and while I like them, I don't like the fact that I have to rotate them every 3500 miles or they begin to loose their balance...
Old 05-20-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a set of 37X12.5R17 Goodyear MT/R with Kevlar, I think they are very tough and strong. On road handling is very nice too.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nthinuf
One thing to consider is which will perform better on snow/ice, since you happen to live up north a bit...

There are quite a few threads on both of those, I'd suggest browsing a bit to get some more first hand experiences. (judging by looks alone, I'd go km2 all the way. For driving in colorado winters, though, I'd lean toward the mtr/k.)
good point, but i've bought myself gy wrangler silent armors for the winter. i've used them one winter already and they were great for snow, not so good for ice tho.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jasona33
I like the BFG's a lot. They are nice on the road and in rock they are awesome. Great in Moab too. I have the OLD Goodyears on my Dodge and while I like them, I don't like the fact that I have to rotate them every 3500 miles or they begin to loose their balance...
i checked out your album, great pics, the tires look really nice.

do you know if the new gy's need to be rotated every 3500 miles like the old ones.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

I've got the MTR/K and I'm extremely happy with them. These tires aren't directional, but they have to have a specific side facing out. Not all mtr's have white letters, but if the mtr you're looking at has white letters, those letters must face out. They can't be turned in like other non-directional tires.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the MTR-Ks with RWL are the P-metric sizes whereas the RWL design are the flotation sizes.

I just ordered 35" MTR-Ks and will be taking my 33" KM2s off next week. I have thoroughly enjoyed the BF Goodrich and I think the OP will be happy with either tire. It's damn near a toss up near as I can see.

Quick Reply: GY MTR's or BF Mud Terrain