Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Guys help jeep wont start

Old 09-13-2015, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

I have seen several people have issues with the ground at the frame, I would start there. It could also be the computer going out. We had to replace ours after several components started failing. We lost the power locks, then the wiper fluid pump, then the starting issue. We could start the jeep with a 200 amp boost charger but nothing else would do it, even trying to jump it with 2 diesel trucks.
Good luck
Old 09-13-2015, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I have seen several people have issues with the ground at the frame, I would start there. It could also be the computer going out. We had to replace ours after several components started failing. We lost the power locks, then the wiper fluid pump, then the starting issue. We could start the jeep with a 200 amp boost charger but nothing else would do it, even trying to jump it with 2 diesel trucks. Good luck

Thanks man! Can u point me on the direction of the ground? I tried to jump it last night but like I said the battery is fine the problem is when the windshield wiper goes ghost mode it won't let the jeep try to start once the ghost mode is over I can try until the wipers move again.

When it's not in ghost mode I can use the wipers normally with no issues at all what a crazy issue. Been reading the forums and have not found even 1 person with my specific issue. Seems like others get there alarm wiper fluid spitting etc out of no were things like that but not what i have scared to drive it don't wanna get stuck again lol
Old 09-13-2015, 07:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
Did the install tap into wires for power or direct to battery? Hopefully install was direct to battery.

Never tapped into anything. Direct to the battery with a desperate fuse. I honestly detached my winch and stereo wire and spod thinking maybe something was shorting it but that didn't help at all. Never cut any wires from the jeep harness.
Old 09-13-2015, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

Jut follow the negative battery terminal to the frame. The contact point can corrode and may just need to be cleaned up.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Jut follow the negative battery terminal to the frame. The contact point can corrode and may just need to be cleaned up.

Thanks man and everyone all do that and see what happens!
Old 09-13-2015, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Guys so no issues at all since yesterday's drama..... I did change my battery anyway because I wanted too with a yellow top optima battery. So far no ghost windshield wipers etc.... Should i go with the flow? Can anyone attach a diagram for the grounds So I can look at those? Thanks!!!!

Quick Reply: Guys help jeep wont start