Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Guys help jeep wont start

Old 09-12-2015, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys help jeep wont start

2007 Jeep Wrangler jk won't start drove it to gas station and it basically kinda turned off at the same time as I turned the key off by before of that makes sense. Also the windshield wiper we're going by tjemselves before this happened. The jeep can turn the key and it will like click once as if the battery is dead but walked it down to autozone and the battery is good they say. Every time I try to start it wipers go on as soon as I turn the key and it clicks like maybe once after I wait a little and no go. Help guys I'm dam stuck in the middle of no were at a gas station lol
Old 09-12-2015, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

Check the terminal connections to see if they're dirty. If that doesn't fix it or they aren't dirty, try putting it into neutral and starting it or jiggling the shift knob when you turn the key (assuming it's an auto). After that I would guess a BCM issue. That's all my very basic mechanic knowledge can come up with, but i hope it helps.
Old 09-12-2015, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WashingtonWrangler
Check the terminal connections to see if they're dirty. If that doesn't fix it or they aren't dirty, try putting it into neutral and starting it or jiggling the shift knob when you turn the key (assuming it's an auto). After that I would guess a BCM issue. That's all my very basic mechanic knowledge can come up with, but i hope it helps.

Hey man it's a six speed manual, I ended up pushing it dropping the clutch and it started.

I found this out. When I turn the key wipers turn on but slow. After they stop I can try to start it one click than wipers turn on again and I can't try to start it until wipers stop. So when the wipers were going the jeep would not let me turn it.

Anyway I pushed it dropped clutch and it started dam wipers turned on again moving slow every time I touched the gas pedal jeep would bog like it was gonna shut off. I pulled the lever to spray the water on windshield the wipers turned off and I was able to gas it normally. I drove the jeep home and parked it in garage.

I than tried to start it again and it started NORMAL!

I turned it off I than turn the wiper switch to on and than start it up. Wipers worked fast like normal and jeep started normal!

What the heck can this problem be? It's working normal right now but I was trucked until I push started it. Help anyone that may know! 2007 Jeep Wrangler jk
Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 PM
JK Newbie

Glad that you got it home, since nobody else is chiming in (don't think many people are still up) I'll throw in another idea. No personal experience with this one, but I've heard of some guys having similar problems with their JK's. If the battery starts going bad, it can send out voltage spikes that freak out the Jeeps CANbus system, which throws the wipers on for some reason. The battery might test fine, but depending on how old it is it could be going bad.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WashingtonWrangler
Glad that you got it home, since nobody else is chiming in (don't think many people are still up) I'll throw in another idea. No personal experience with this one, but I've heard of some guys having similar problems with their JK's. If the battery starts going bad, it can send out voltage spikes that freak out the Jeeps CANbus system, which throws the wipers on for some reason. The battery might test fine, but depending on how old it is it could be going bad.

No idea man, I honestly walked to autoxone made it barely before they closed and they said it was good not sure when I got a new battery tho... I have a winch and spod for running led lights so I was thinking about getting a better battery than my duralast anyway.

Only thing tho is that I could try to start it up and many times that I wanted too it never stopped clicking as if the battery is totally dead. It would only not allow me to try to turn it over when the dang wipers we're moving again slowly not normal. Thanks for your suggestions tho! I guess all wait and see maybe get a battery because I wanted too anyway? But wish I could pin point this before I'm off-roading somewhere and truly trucked!
Old 09-12-2015, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

You don't have a Lockpick installed, do you?
Old 09-12-2015, 10:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsukey
You don't have a Lockpick installed, do you?

What? Lol no standard issue 2007 Jeep Wrangler jk oem key
Old 09-12-2015, 10:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Lol, no...the Lockpick is a device used to unlock features of the factory navigation "if installed". It installs in the wiring harness between the radio and factory wiring harness. They only work with automatic transmissions though. I found out the hard way, after disconnecting my battery to wire up my lockers. The dash lights were all flickering, and my windshield wipers were acting finicky when we got it put back together. After some serious thinking and troubleshooting, I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. The previous owner had installed it. I don't guess things go haywire until the CANBUS resets after a loss of power. I would definitely check your battery contacts, as well as your body grounds. The CANBUS is notorious for issues when power is added or subtracted through the use of additional electronics, or loose grounds.

WRANGLER INSTALL
Old 09-13-2015, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsukey
Lol, no...the Lockpick is a device used to unlock features of the factory navigation "if installed". It installs in the wiring harness between the radio and factory wiring harness. They only work with automatic transmissions though. I found out the hard way, after disconnecting my battery to wire up my lockers. The dash lights were all flickering, and my windshield wipers were acting finicky when we got it put back together. After some serious thinking and troubleshooting, I uninstalled it and everything went back to normal. The previous owner had installed it. I don't guess things go haywire until the CANBUS resets after a loss of power. I would definitely check your battery contacts, as well as your body grounds. The CANBUS is notorious for issues when power is added or subtracted through the use of additional electronics, or loose grounds. WRANGLER INSTALL

Yeah mines a six speed, I did have an aftermarket stereo installed although. This was 3 months ago though I'm stumped. I might try a new battery but it never died I kept trying to start it over and over again for many minutes with some breaks in between and it never died kept turning except for when the windshield wiper started going. I unplugged the fuse that said windshield wiper and it kept going.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did the install tap into wires for power or direct to battery? Hopefully install was direct to battery.

Quick Reply: Guys help jeep wont start