Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Guys can some please help me with disabling my esp? Im deperate

Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you turn the wheel the first time and press the esp button at 5 seconds you will get a chime, however keep holding it till the 7 second mark. Then hold the wheel in the same spot and let go of the esp. Hold the wheel again for 7 more seconds. You will then get a chime. At that point turn the wheel back to center. Repeat counterclockwise.

It might take some messing around with but should do the trick. Personally Im going to turn mine back to stock and splice the wire out just as the one guy here said. Thats super easy.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Highlander
hi, ok which one did you do? the one with the numbered steps I guess. Now that you have it done does the lite on the dash with the backwards ( and lightning bolts stay on for like 12 seconds? and also will this work in 2WD. I havent been out on a dirt road yet but I tried it in my driveway and when I spin the wheels in 2wd the squiggly sign pops up. Is that supposed to happen?
if you light pops up when you get wheel spin your ESP is not disabled.... mine says disabled as soon as i start my jeep and the light is always on

Originally Posted by Vrrooom
Why don't you guys just splice the wire and put a switch? It takes 15 minutes to do it right and is so convenient and easy to use. I highly recommend it.
i have probably voided enough of my drivetran warranty but I would like to keep my electrical system warranty intact for a while. so no splicing yet
Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clarker2000
When you turn the wheel the first time and press the esp button at 5 seconds you will get a chime, however keep holding it till the 7 second mark. Then hold the wheel in the same spot and let go of the esp. Hold the wheel again for 7 more seconds. You will then get a chime. At that point turn the wheel back to center. Repeat counterclockwise.

It might take some messing around with but should do the trick. Personally Im going to turn mine back to stock and splice the wire out just as the one guy here said. Thats super easy.
Hi, You mean splice it and put in a switch? I may do that, but like funwthmud I am wondering if would do anything to my insurance if I have a wreak and they determine it is because of my messing with the ESP and ASB. Just a thought before I put another hole and switch in.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Put is a switch

I went ahead and cut the wire and put a switch in. Another hole, o well. It works I guess. The picture of the dash is with the switch on. The engine lite goes off when I go. Thanks for all the info on here.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Klik
marking this page for later use
Um. Why? Just subscribe. That way everyone subscribed already doesn't get notified.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:57 AM
JK Junkie

If you did a search, you'll come across another thread. I did a hotlink to my instructions here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...=1#post1509902

It took me a long, long time. Persistence will pay off! When you have successfully done it, the light will stay on and every time you start the Jeep it will come on and you will get a single beep and a ESPOFF warning on your dash. I have not re-enabled my ESP since. (Note: consensus is that 07's and early 08's will not work without a ECU reflash from dealer)

Quick Reply: Guys can some please help me with disabling my esp? Im deperate