Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gussets and Sleeves

Old 10-05-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the teraflex sleeves better?
Old 10-05-2011, 05:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz
The guy that designed the gears from Dana is doing labor jobs.... The economy must be really bad. Sad. With an advanced engineering degree and all that expertise.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
...keep in mind that when Dana went through their Chapter 11 filing, a lot changed. A lot. Those that were retained after the reorganization saw pay cuts and a lot of the engineering guys, regardless of position, always did things like this on the side as their roles were of limited scope. As odd as the claim seems (on paper... err, screen), it's believable. It's probably also worth mentioning that not one guy would have designed the gears... but a team of individuals would have been on the project. This cat was probably on the team.

The father of one of my many exes was a senior satellite engineer for Lockheed Martin. Ph.D in Astrophysics from a top institution, spent his free time researching and testing the space:time continuum and turning a wrench at a shop that specialized in older Volvos. Engineers are a different fucking breed... and bless them for that.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
...keep in mind that when Dana went through their Chapter 11 filing, a lot changed. A lot. Those that were retained after the reorganization saw pay cuts and a lot of the engineering guys, regardless of position, always did things like this on the side as their roles were of limited scope. As odd as the claim seems (on paper... err, screen), it's believable. It's probably also worth mentioning that not one guy would have designed the gears... but a team of individuals would have been on the project. This cat was probably on the team.

The father of one of my many exes was a senior satellite engineer for Lockheed Martin. Ph.D in Astrophysics from a top institution, spent his free time researching and testing the space:time continuum and turning a wrench at a shop that specialized in older Volvos. Engineers are a different fucking breed... and bless them for that.
Very true. Yes they are.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Gussets and Sleeves