Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Gussets and Sleeves

Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gussets and Sleeves

Im going to be running bigger tires soon and want to beef up my D30 before doing so for protection. Im going to be getting sleeves and gussets and was wondering which company is the best to get these from. I was planning on ordering the EVO kit from david and northridge but just wanted make sure that those were the strongest/best and that im making the right choice over the teraflex
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

Can't go wrong either way you're beefing up a weak housing. I got evo gussets and teraflex sleeves.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
Im going to be running bigger tires soon and want to beef up my D30 before doing so for protection. Im going to be getting sleeves and gussets and was wondering which company is the best to get these from. I was planning on ordering the EVO kit from david and northridge but just wanted make sure that those were the strongest/best and that im making the right choice over the teraflex
the EVO kit is what we used on our JK
Old 10-04-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Firehound
Can't go wrong either way you're beefing up a weak housing. I got evo gussets and teraflex sleeves.
I see youre in the general area did you install your own or is there someone you would recommend to install them? If so how much did they charge?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:04 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Brandon1024
I see youre in the general area did you install your own or is there someone you would recommend to install them? If so how much did they charge?
Had them done, no way am I skilled enough to do that. I actually drove 3+ hours to fort Wayne Indiana to get bent Kustoms. If you're going bigger get the sleeves gussets and gears at the same time axle is gunna be torn apart . The Guy who designed the jk gears from Dana installed my gears and Matt the owner put the other stuff on Had them in since may and no problems. For me the drive was well worth it and so was the price. IIRC all said and done for gears sleeves gussets and lca skids was 700
Old 10-04-2011, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Had them done, no way am I skilled enough to do that. I actually drove 3+ hours to fort Wayne Indiana to get bent Kustoms. If you're going bigger get the sleeves gussets and gears at the same time axle is gunna be torn apart . The Guy who designed the jk gears from Dana installed my gears and Matt the owner put the other stuff on Had them in since may and no problems. For me the drive was well worth it and so was the price. IIRC all said and done for gears sleeves gussets and lca skids was 700
WOW thats a really good price for it all. I think that will be hard to beat... Did he do it while you waited?
Old 10-04-2011, 08:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy that designed the gears from Dana is doing labor jobs.... The economy must be really bad. Sad. With an advanced engineering degree and all that expertise.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Freak

I have the EVO gussetts and LCA skids. They are good stuff. Took about an hour to weld in. Go slow and and cool with water frequently.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of the C gussets are very similar. So go with a good one. EVO are in that group. The sleeves I went with the Teraflex because they are exactly what I wanted in a sleeve and less expensive. I had a friend weld the gussets on for $50 and the sleeves I had done at the same time as the gears because they already had the thing torn down so the install was $100 for the sleeves.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got evo gussets and teraflex sleeves.
X2 for me as well. Better to be safe and beef it up.

Quick Reply: Gussets and Sleeves