Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Grinding noise.

Old 09-28-2021, 06:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grinding noise.

Hi all I have a 2007jk 2door 3.8L engine about 161kmiles manual transmission.

I don't know what it is but my car sometimes it makes a grinding noise. When i shift and ramp up to 2krevo on all gears my performance goes down a bit but not a lot but noticeable, it sounds like a grinding noise coming from the transmission or engine, then It gets hot under my feet, when this happens i have to drive slow and not rev so high then i smell a bit of oil burning, then it goes away. Some days it just doesn't do it at all and i could be driving for a good hour and nothing. other days it does it on and off, I replaced all my fluids recently, also using a heavier old 5w-30. I check the car underneath and notice that i might have a leak at the rear trans seal could this be the cause ? I have no check engine also.

Quick Reply: Grinding noise.