Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Griffin Steering Attenuator?

Old 04-29-2016 | 12:25 PM
Super Moderator
Vet Army

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
My Jeep is a Trail Rig not a DD so I don't really care about Road manners. What I do care about is how this is going to work with hydro assist steering? So this unit is basically a shock absorber for your draglink? Since the Ram is attached to the Tie Rod I would think this would have no effect on it....but its all connected so Just wondering if it will be able to take the stress of being stuck or Pinned in a rock garden and not breaking.

I'm just thinking if this is so great why haven't the engineers at TeraFlex or Jeep come up with this idea. There is always a tradeoff for anything you do. I personally like Steering feedback it lets me know I'm about to break something or if I'm pushing the limits of my Jeep.
So having just installed hydro assist on my rig. You won't need this or any other stabilizer. The steering stays completely smooth over rough spots. There's a spot on the way to work that I would occasionally hit on purpose to check my steering/suspension (since I don't run, and haven't for 3 years, a steering stabilizer). With the hydro assist you feel the vehicle move but the steering stays exactly where you have it. Now, that points out to me that from this point on, the ONLY way I'm going to know I have an issue with my steering is by inspection. Not too worried about that as I inspect/grease everything during my oil changes and after taking it wheeling.

Perhaps this device is good for someone with a stock jeep. I'm not too sure I'd like having that in there if I'm running 35s/37s and trying to climb an obstacle where steering components are put to the test though.

Quick Reply: Griffin Steering Attenuator?