Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

GRIFFIN Radiator

Old 04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Griffen might warm up too when it has that much mud in it. I had to move my radiator in my mudder to the rear.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kntr
Your Griffen might warm up too when it has that much mud in it. I had to move my radiator in my mudder to the rear.
Hey Kntr that pic is awsome

I know my griffin will get muddy to, but atleast I have 25% more cooling capacity with it, so I can get it 25% more muddy lol...I am going to make a cut off for the fan, hopefully that will help, and now I know how easy it is to remove fan so I will be sure to wash rad alot better after each trip
Old 05-19-2008, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Good info!! Mine has been running hot since I got it muddy a few weeks ago. Having to turn the heat on has been pissing me off!!!
Old 05-20-2008, 04:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tkob1060
one thing I gotta say is I was a bit surprised that a brand new rad have some fins that were a little bit bent, not crushed but bent....I think quadratec sticking their damn catalog that I have about 10 of, in the box may have done it. No leaks though
You can buy a fin comb cheap and straighten it out if it bothers you. What part number is that radiator? Is it a universal one or specifically for the JK? It looks nice.

Last edited by RedneckJeep; 05-20-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:54 AM
JK Super Freak

I've got a Griffin in my 73 Camaro and it's a great product. Good job on the mod and let us know how it holds up. Obviously, you put radiators to the test and I'm guessing if this one does the trick for you, others with similiar problems might want to go the same route.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Newbie

Default How is new radiator working

Any reports on how new rad is working any noticeable difference. thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
You can buy a fin comb cheap and straighten it out if it bothers you. What part number is that radiator? Is it a universal one or specifically for the JK? It looks nice.
its specifically for the JK drop in replacement, $600 from quadratec, they are the only ones I found who sell it. You could probably email griffin and ask who else has it if you want to see if you can find it cheaper.

I definately noticed the fan going on less, so its doing its job of cooling better, they say 25% more cooling. The fins are also not as tight as on the stock rad so I think it will be easier to clean out and also hold less mud or maybe more Either way I will be taking the fan out after wheeling to clean it out the rad good.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tkob1060
its specifically for the JK drop in replacement, $600 from quadratec, they are the only ones I found who sell it. You could probably email griffin and ask who else has it if you want to see if you can find it cheaper.

I definately noticed the fan going on less, so its doing its job of cooling better, they say 25% more cooling. The fins are also not as tight as on the stock rad so I think it will be easier to clean out and also hold less mud or maybe more Either way I will be taking the fan out after wheeling to clean it out the rad good.

Sounds like a worthy investment. Thanks for the speedy reply.

Quick Reply: GRIFFIN Radiator