Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Griffen or Mishimoto V2 Performance Aluminum Radiator?

Old 09-17-2020, 04:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Griffen or Mishimoto V2 Performance Aluminum Radiator?

Ok, yes I did a search for both and looked at numerous threads. The threads I found for Griffen was a couple and didn't talk about the performance much, or if they had any leak issues. The Mishi talked about the several leak issues with V1, but nothing on V2...... and with the V1 threads, there were people talking about receiving the V2 as a warranty replacement with the typical " I will report back later" but after two years, they either got lost or forgot to report back.....

I did searches on Quadratec, Summit, Amazon, Northridge 4X4, and Extreme Terrain for customer reviews. On Quadratec, the reviews they posted to the Mishi V2 were from the V1 going by the dates of the reviews..... not cool Quad! Summit doesn't carry it. Amazon customers gave it 41/2 star customer reviews. The one customer that had issues sure couldn't write worth a crap so I question the legitimacy of it. NR 4X4 has one review, 4 out of 5, but again, it was just another fake " I will report back later". EXT has a perfect score with on comment saying it knocked 20 degrees off. V2 has been out since 4/18 so I would think if Mishi were still having leaking or performance issues, there would be more complaints..... As far as the Griffen, same searches..... Only two places carry it; Quad and Summit. both gave good reviews but on each site, from two different people reported leaks in less than a year

So if you have either, please report. Thank you in advanced!
Old 09-17-2020, 06:27 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,944 Likes on 1,701 Posts

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...nstall-354457/

Time will tell on the Griffen. It solved my spiking temps in the Texas heat, but who knows how long of a life it will have. General operating temps are not any cooler than before.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 480 Likes on 431 Posts

Sorry for the hijack - Hey Resharp - your high temps may be the lean effect on the 3.6 at higher throttle positions. I pulled some HP Tuner scan files on my sons 2016 driving it and it has to pull the timing way back at higher RPM / Throttle (37 back to low 20's) due to lean conditions which cause overheating/knock. You can apparently talk to HP Tuners as they now do a 3.6 V6 file for Chargers (same motors). You can wait till we get to my son's files setup and see what the difference is. These engines are setup for emissions not power so they are designed to run at lighter settings which may be the cause of a lot of the hot states members issues.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by resharp001
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stoc...nstall-354457/

Time will tell on the Griffen. It solved my spiking temps in the Texas heat, but who knows how long of a life it will have. General operating temps are not any cooler than before.
Thats what I'm looking for. It does fine around town and going off-road. However, if Im traveling at highway speeds up a grade, the temp will climb and it will get hot! I took it in to make sure the cooling system is tight and they dais it was good.
Old 09-18-2020, 03:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Sorry for the hijack - Hey Resharp - your high temps may be the lean effect on the 3.6 at higher throttle positions. I pulled some HP Tuner scan files on my sons 2016 driving it and it has to pull the timing way back at higher RPM / Throttle (37 back to low 20's) due to lean conditions which cause overheating/knock. You can apparently talk to HP Tuners as they now do a 3.6 V6 file for Chargers (same motors). You can wait till we get to my son's files setup and see what the difference is. These engines are setup for emissions not power so they are designed to run at lighter settings which may be the cause of a lot of the hot states members issues.
please keep me in the loop too!

Quick Reply: Griffen or Mishimoto V2 Performance Aluminum Radiator?