Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Greasing Teraflex Control Arms..

Old 07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you break it wheeling?

What do you mean "leave it loose?"
Old 07-09-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Newbie

I changed all the zerks out to 6mm-1 short zerks, I also relocated (swapped the zerk and hex plug) so all the zerks are on the top of the joint. I have no clearance issues now and dont break zerks off. When I need to grease them I just drop one are at a time, grease it, wipe it clean, use a screwdriver to move the joint around a little and get the grease in it, then bolt it back up. Doesn't really take to long.

Red and tacky is fine grease, as are most, I use marine grease, others have there own preferences. I know alot like the white/blue lithium greases.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yep, 90degree on the top zerk on pass side. What I ment was if you couldn't get to the fitting, just take that end of the control arm loose, not leave it loose.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:18 AM
JK Jedi

Ah ok. No problems hooking up to the zerks here. I also have a Lucas battery powered grease gun. Makes life easier.

Quick Reply: Greasing Teraflex Control Arms..