Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Grab handles?

Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those ones on eBay are $50 plus $20-25 to ship! They really don't look like they are very strong, because one side is only using a ss hose clamp... I would rather make some and maybe spend the same amount, but would be much nicer handles!

Last edited by speedy64vw; 04-21-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:12 AM
JK Newbie

I made some like the ones on eBay using an old push mower handle. Bolted to the a pillar and a hose clamp on the roll bar.
You can hang off the things and they don’t move.
They don’t interfere with the soft top surrounds either.

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0533-1.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	152497
Old 04-22-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's what I'm talkin about Steve! That's looks really good man! I will have to keep a look out for a mower now...
Old 04-22-2011, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

These are the ones I bought.
ht tp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Front-Handle-kit-JEEP-JK07-2-4-Doors-JK-RIGRIPII-/290271208354?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item43958323a2

I couldn't really tell how they attach to the roll bar. The listing states, " 2 stainless steel clamp colar". It doesn't sound like a ss hose clamp to me, but it might be.

I paid $55 including shipping. By the time I bought the materials and made them, it's only like $20 more to buy them ready to install.

Sorry about this clickable link thing. This is the first and only forum I'm a member of where it's prohibitted. Again. Sorry.

Last edited by OscarTheJeep; 04-22-2011 at 01:15 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE EBAY LINKS
Old 04-22-2011, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are the handles strong enough to hang from or pull your body weight into the jeep all day long... I just don't want something that's going to become loose and break on me while pulling myself or a passenger into my Jeep? Thanks for the info and pics
Old 04-23-2011, 11:27 PM
JK Newbie

I ordered the JK-RiGrip yesterday. I will try to post my thoughts and a few images when I get installed.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:38 PM
JK Newbie

Default Looks Sharp

Once you have them installed please tell me what you think and how you like them,
I have the Velcro ones that attach to the roll bar it is funny watching people try to grab it and it slides on them. I hope no one gets hurt...
Old 05-07-2011, 04:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I received my JK-RIGripII grab handles a couple days ago. Yesterday I got a chance to install them. For anybody who may be interested in purchasing these, here is my experience with them.

The quality doesn't seem to be much better than something you could probably make yourself. I'm not saying they're bad. They just look like something someone made in their basement. For example, they appear to be sprayed with some sort of rattle can paint, not a high quality finish.

The bolts they sent me didn't fit. The driver's side threaded right in, but was bearly long enough and the passenger's side wasn't. I ended up going to Lowes and buying two M8x1.25 70mm bolts. They worked perfect and look better than the cap screws in my opinion.

Finally, the install instructions call for you to unzip the sport bar covering and slide the handles up agains the steel sport bar, but I found this fit extremely poor. I actually cut a couple small slits in the sport bar covering and then installed the grab handles.

Overall, I'm happy with them. Even though the install didn't go as smoothly as it should have, they're very, very solid. I can grab ahold of the handle and rock the whole Jeep and they don't budge. Just what I was looking for.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:32 AM
blw
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OscarTheJeep
I received my JK-RIGripII grab handles a couple days ago. Yesterday I got a chance to install them. For anybody who may be interested in purchasing these, here is my experience with them.

The quality doesn't seem to be much better than something you could probably make yourself. I'm not saying they're bad. They just look like something someone made in their basement. For example, they appear to be sprayed with some sort of rattle can paint, not a high quality finish.

Thanks for the info! If you can post a few pics that would be cool.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here you can see how the cheap paint scratched off easily.

The shinny bolts are the ones I picked up from Lowes. The original fasteners were black allen head cap screws. I personally like the ones I picked up from Lowes better.

Quick Reply: Grab handles?